Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: [Gut Cringe] Worse Than FEGs

If I had to guess what is going on with this EEH (emissive energy harvester) idea, I would firstly note that it looks like a potentially very good idea for some small-scale niche application. I can imagine somebody wanting a form of renewable energy for some low power requirement which is more or less continuously available, even at night (bearing in mind that in some parts of the world night can last as long as several months).

However it might be difficult to acquire funding from the various government agencies that fund renewable energy R & D if it was being presented as for some small-scale niche application (other than a military niche application). On the other hand, if you presented your proposed development work as being an attempt to tap into some previously unrecognised large global source of renewable energy that will greatly benefit mankind, you might be more likely to get the funding.

Re: [Gut Cringe] Worse Than FEGs

Daft, I call it.