Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Yes read Euan the other day

By coincidence days I read Ean's debunk of Audi's magic E-diesel project the other day, and then read his Tesla Battery analysis

you've seen this ? by Bloomberg Tesla's New Powerwall Battery Doesn't Work That Well With Solar Musk own company Solar City points out that rather than use a storage battery domestic customers would e better off feeding excess electricity generated back into the grid to claim the generous subsidy.
- However Musk will be angling for laws giving industrial customers big subsidies if they use batteries ..the poor Joe Public will be paying for those subsidies.

Here in Borneo an NGO guy explained to me "It don't understand it out solar battery system on the sunny island here is completely uneconomic and we have to run the diesel generators all nigh to power the fans for sleeping, but in the UK my mother's solar seems to work and she gets paid by the electricity company"
..well yes but the subsidy the UK law forces the energy company to pay her out of everyone else's bills, is so stupidly huge.