FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lights won't switch off

I've just put the dash back in my 127 and the first time I plugged the lights in everything was ok.I had to take it back out a few times ( 3 to tell the truth),but when I plugged the light switch in again they stay on and won't switch off unless I disconnect the battery.Have I knackered the switch or is it something else?If it is the switch does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Also while you're here I've got no oil light on the dash,any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Re: lights won't switch off

Pete Hall
I've just put the dash back in my 127 and the first time I plugged the lights in everything was ok.I had to take it back out a few times ( 3 to tell the truth),but when I plugged the light switch in again they stay on and won't switch off unless I disconnect the battery.Have I knackered the switch or is it something else?If it is the switch does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Also while you're here I've got no oil light on the dash,any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sounds like a wiring fault to me (unusual on a Fiat, but there you go!!) - had similar things myself. If you check it and it's the switch I may have one somewhere - not sure but I can look round if you need it.

Re the oil light it's probably the bulb - to check undo the handbrake one and swap over (they are a twist fit at the back of the instrument cluster).

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Re: lights won't switch off

Been out to the car today and took the light switch off,and the lights were still on so I took the dash out again and it seems ok now so must have pinched a wire somewhere I think.Tried changing the bulbs over on the dash but oil light still not on.

Pete

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos