FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 clutch pedal operation

Hi, all-

My 130 Coupe is disassembled once again, this time to change out the universal joints, and to adjust the clutch pedal operation.

On the pedal, there are times that it sticks to the floor, and I'm confused at how the linkage is supposed to work. The pedal has a return spring that I imagine is supposed to help the pedal return back up after it has been depressed throughout the entire pedal travel. On my car, it does this for about 1/3 of the pedal travel, but for the other 2/3, it actually pulls the pedal to the floor.

On the exploded view from the service manual (see below), rod #6 changes the way the spring stretches with the pedal rotation, and without it, I'd bet the pedal is always drawn to the floor by the spring (the spring would be shortest with the pedal to the floor). I can't see a way to adjust this to make it always pull the pedal up.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks for any info,

Bret

Re: Fiat 130 clutch pedal operation

the spring (no6 on the drawing} should be stretched when the pedal is pressed to the floor so as to aid pulling the pedal back up, maybe the fingers on the clutch cover are to blame? or the linkage not set up right? somebody messed it up?

Membership Number: yes

Re: Fiat 130 clutch pedal operation

hi i had the same problem with my 2:8, 130 saloon, its a case of getting the adjustment on the spring assambley right, it was a case of trile and error, (and it took some time on mine!) but you should end up with a light clutch! you should have a moving part on the top of the pedel??, or part 28? on the dirgram?? which changes "push to pull effect" on the spring/s????? Neil

Membership Number: ???? never can recall!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos