FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat Punto jtd

Hi,my facelift mk2 or m3 JTD as some call them is posing me a problem,it starts first time every time but stall as soon as put it under load,then it is a nightmare to start I have to leave it for half an hour then it will start first time again,was told it was air flow meter so I changed it,that made a slight difference but it soon went back to its normal nightmare mode,can anyone throw any light on it,its a 2004 jtd with 90k on it,please somebody help

Re: Fiat Punto jtd

My wife has an Alfa JTD with 114k and a similar thing happened a few weeks back. Turned out to be the Crank sensor (about £40 from Eurocar parts) but I had to get it fitted because I couldn't physically get to it (it's low down at the back of the block near the flywheel) lying on my driveway - it needed to be up on a ramp. Might be easier on yours though. After reading up about them they tend to fail at this sort of mileage and when warm tell the ECU that the engine isn't rotating so the ECU cuts the fuel supply. Once cooled down it's OK again until the next time. No promises this is what it is but it's quite common ...

Membership Number: Yes

Hi,many thanks will try that

Tried that,still the same ,any other ideas folks

I reckon your best bet now to save spending more £££'s is to get it plugged into someones diagnostic kit which should point you in the right direction - I wouldn't have thought it would have to be an ALFA garage though as much of the diagnostic kit/error codes are to a 'standard' format these days ...

Membership Number: Yes

I had it tested it came up with a turbo problem,going into garage today to have it checked out,will kep you informed

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos