FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help - Fiat 130 fanbelts

Just getting everything together for the trip up to Brooklands in the 130 for AutoItalia day. Want to buy some belts to have as back up but looking through my handbooks and workshop manuals I can't find sizes listed.

Anyone know which size the alternator and powersteering belts are?

Cheers

Chris

Re: Help - Fiat 130 fanbelts

I don't have an easy answer, but hopefully this will help.

If they are standard single vee type belts, measuring is easy. (Easy being a relative term, dependent on access.)

Most manufacturers use the size within their part number, so selecting them even without an application guide is possible.

Measure the widest part of the vee. This is usually an early part of the part numbering system.

Measure the length around the outside. Great if you can get your tape around it, or a piece of string and a marker pen might work. (Some swearing is almost compulsory.) This is the last part of the number.

e.g A Unipart GVB10813 is a single vee, 813mm circumference. A GMV40663 is a multi-vee belt with 4 vees and 663mm circumference.

Exact belts to match may not be available, but of course there is some adjustment. After measuring, try to estimate how much adjustment you have to avoid too long or short.

Your local stockist should be happy to select according to your measurements.

Hope this helps.

Membership Number: 4815

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos