FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat Strada Cabrio 1983 Handbrake lever

I own a fiat strada cabrio A registered 1983. My problem is the handbrake ratchet teeth are worn and thus it sadly failed its mot as a result (1st fail in 3 years).I cannot locate a replacement part for it so wondered if a lever off another fiat model will fit.Ive also tried to locate Regata or Fiorino part to no avail.If there is no direct alternative,is there a place i can get my existing one serviced?. this being my everyday car for the last 2 years i need advice ASAP as im having to travel by bus ! which i cannot take much more of !!! .Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am located in Manchester so local services would be a plus point,but not too bothered if i have to send it anywhere in the UK for servicing of the lever.

Thank you.

Re: Fiat Strada Cabrio 1983 Handbrake lever

How about Ebay number 120221255470? Otherwise I'm sure there are loads out in Europe - best try German/Italian Ebay - search for Fiat Ritmo and whatever the relevant translation of handbrake is!

Alternatively have you spoken to Phil/Franco at Ricambio - number not to hand but is on the membership cards. They can usually find almost anything, so I'm sure this wouldn't be difficult.

Hope this helps,

Gavin

Membership Number: 5260

or try JBS SPARES in moston north manchester, 0161 688 8391. Italian parts.

Membership Number: yes

Thanks for the ref no for the ebay item which i have now purchased as it is brand new after confirmation off the seller and with p+p has amounted to only £35 sterling.

and with delivery in 8 days im over the moon !

without that ref no it wasnt appearing on my ebay so many thanks.

Regards Kenny.

Glad we could help Kenny. Would be good to see the car at a show sometime - not too many left now!

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Thanks Gavin

I need to do a few odd jobs to my trusty old Cabrio before attending events,which i am keen to start travelling to.

Nothing major though,a few minor issues, ie slight bubbling on back arches and under the back windows(common i believe),and a small bubble on the drivers door.
But all in all she's a very clean motor for her age(28 in Sep) !!!
I use her everyday and she starts 1st time every time,and for a 1500cc is quite nippy !!!
Im hoping to start attending Events next year,by that time she should be looking excellent !!!
I had to purchase a S/Steel Exhaust a few months back,as they are definately obsolete ! but its worthwhile no more issues there.
Once she has the MOT i will commence on the cosmetics and interior to keep her good for many years to come !
Once again many thanks.
Kenny.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos