FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Petrol Additive

Hi All

I recently recieved a set of additives due to our clubs competition.
The Motorshack additives ive only recently managed to start using, starting off with the octane boost(plus 2 on the rateing).

I must say that i'm impressed with its change in difference between standard unleaded and standard unleaded with an additional 2 octane which puts it equal to super unleaded approx.

Not that i would possibly suggest putting extra 2 octane in super unleaded.

To put it in context my experiment was taking a 1973 850 spyder with a weber carb to belgium (GMRacing) and france (lemans) then home covering nearly 1300 miles on fresh pump petrol and starting with standard petrol and then using the additive and also super unleaded. (660miles in one day)
The motorshack additive instantly made it possible to drive at cruising speed (60/65mph) with nearly no throttle opening and ran cooler compared to before when it needed some encouragement. It was occasionally pinking prior to additive use.
I havn't made the calculations per tank on our travels but it did go further per refill so i would imagine it will work out more economical with the additive in the tank.

On investigation on the net since ive got back it seems that the motorshack additive mixes the same concentration but by using less of the product.
Thanks to Jeni for running the competions last year whilst being our magazine editor. I plan to try the other 4 bottles of additives now for various other uses including oil additives and power boosters even for diesels.
Thanks again
Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Re: Petrol Additive

Why not just use super duper pump petrol - I believe Tesco's came out by far best in comparative test a while ago (and can be equiv of 2% off with Club Card Plus). It certainly ran much better and possibly more economically in my Punto ELX75 mk1, which after 3 head skims was maybe up a little on CR.

Hi Tim,

Glad you enjoyed using the aditives, would be great to hear feedback from the other ones when you've tried them,

Jeni.

Membership Number: 11782

I will keep you posted Jeni.

With regerds to Tesco petrol, all My local tesco stores are either express 4off) and so have esso fuel or are Larger stores (4off) without fuel stations.
The other annoying supermarket is Sainsburys who used to give 4p off per litre when you spent £50. yet again no station within a sensible distance (15 miles away)
To help the situation we seen to have lost about 4 petrol stations in high wycombe in the last 5 years.
Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos