FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
131 mirafiori dissy

Does anyone know if the magnetti marelli dissy's with the magnetic pick up to go with the coil pack were availiable for the 131 1585cc ohv engine or were they just on the twincams.
Would it fit in place of the standard points dissy as a direct replacement.

thanks
Tim

Membership Number: 5222

Re: 131 mirafiori dissy

As far as I know only the two litre twin cams in the UK came with electronic ignition. I am told the 1585cc twin cam can run with this distributor but I'm not sure about the 1585cc OHV.

I'll ask on 131mirafiori.com

So far I've got an I think so but I've never done it.

Hi Dave
Thanks for looking into this for me, am i correct in thinking as long as the dissy was used in the side of the block on a twin cam then it would be suitable for the ohv, i think most of the lanciatwincams ran the dissy on the end of the camshaft.
maybe i should ask if the strada 105tc has an electronic dissy fitted in the side of the block, as i dont think it was on the end of the cam as the spare tyre was in the way.

Tim

I now have had it confirmed that the 2 litre twin cam Marelli coil pack and distributor will fit directly onto the 1585 OHV engine.

Hi Dave
Thats really good news, thankyou for you input it is really appreciated.
thanks again
Tim

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos