FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat Uno 45 Sting waher motor problem

Hi Fiat Fiends, wondering if anyone knows: can a washer motor be opened for maintenance or is it sealed (looks like it) Just bought this car and no washer motors going -front or back. Power tested & going through but not getting a motor sound or the motor to pump.

Re: Fiat Uno 45 Sting waher motor problem

cant recall if the uno has a washer tank or Bag, ether way if, the pump cant be obtained as a part on its own, you have to replace then tank ect, but...if you can fit a pump in to the pipe work and by pass the pump (i have done this my self ) can save lots of pennys!
neil

Membership Number: can recall!

Thanks this one is a bag with 2 pumps. I could not easily see how the pumps could be removed from the bag. So looks like the whole set up is needed

see it you and by pass the fitted pump, as i seem to recall that the bag ect costs lots of money, and the pump from the local moter factors was very cheap!

Membership Number: can recall!

Re: Fiat Uno 45 Sting washer motor problem

So you are saying - forget the fiat bag & pumps and just get another setup to do the job?

This may be a bit late.
See if you can suck fluid through the duff pump, Careful not to get it in your mouth or swallow it.
If it will suck through the duff pump, so will a replacement.
Any motor factor will sell a pump. As long as you can find a location to attach it. Take a short piece of tubing from the duff pump to the new one, then attach the original feed to the jets to the outlet of the new pump. Attach the wiring to the new pump and it should all work.
Interim, swap tubes and wiring from front and rear pumps, so using the "rear" pump for the front washers. Leave the rear window dirty to reduce glare from following headlights.

Membership Number: 4815

Thanks for your interesting tips. replacement motors finally working after the correct earth connector found on the set that are bolted under the battery case. It had been cleaned but maybe was just a little sloppy. Heaps of swapping of tubes and wires from front and back motors did get a workable situation - they had been switched so the dash control for front operated the back & vice versa. corrected that and did get water flow to both screens but then next time tested the rear motor just squealed and no water flow. Have not bothered yet to work out that issue but your idea of keeping it dirty to reduce glare is rather appealing!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos