FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Punto Headrest removal

Hi :)

I have aquired an '04' Punto 1.3 dynamique diesel multijet

Loving it so far, but the seats are Icky! I bought some cheap car seat covers, but in order to fit them, I need to remove the front seats head rests..... this is where I have come unstuck... How on earth do you get them to come off, anyone have any idea's ?

Thanks

Andy

Re: Punto Headrest removal

Talked to my local Fiat dealership after I made this post, they have no idea either! There's a button on the side of the headrest to higher and lower. But thats it. No matter how hard I yank at the **** things they dont come off, there seems to be no holes to poke a screw driver in, no way to push it forwards or sideways etc to release them, its a mystery :(

Re: Punto Headrest removal

Hi Andy

If its the same as my multipla, then on one of the headrest bases you have a visible button which you push in to raise or lower the headrest, i guess you have found this button. On the other headrest bar there is a small flush fitting button that you will have to press in at the same time as the other one, they are not easy to see and you may have to push it in with a fingernail.

hope this helps

tim

Membership Number: 5222

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos