FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 brakes in Australia

Hi I have a 1974 130 coupe in that dark violet colour with cream leather seats . I hardly drove it for about 7 years and the brakes are virtually gone. I am after new discs , brake booster and master cylinder ..my thinking is to replace as much as possible. Are the latter able to be reconditioned easily has anyone done it
Any advice would be helpful...by the way I live in Australia so I know shipping costs would be expensive.
Thanks John

Re: Fiat 130 brakes in Australia

hello john, discs; ebay europe,
master cylinder seals; superformance (uk)
booster (servo to us), maybe superformance, or have yours tested to see if ok to start with.
have you tried fiat club of australia?
have a look at the links page we have.[o:)
The stig, 130 registrar.

Membership Number: yes

Hi Mate
Thanks for the advice and will followup tomorrow.
Also good to know that there are other people that appreciate a 130 coupe. Things are not taht easy here to get these parts .
I will let you know the results
John

very pricey as well, from what i have seen of parts offered for sale on ebay aust,

Hi Mr Stig!!

I didn't have any luck with Superperformance they advised that they don't do Fiat 130s. I have since located a master cylinder elsewhere ..Can you suggest anywhere else for a reconditioning kit for the brake booster.
I often hear about 130 coupes that have had aground up rebuild...but where do these people get the parts? Are they more abundant in the UK?
On one of the sites someone recommended putting a type of oil into the petrol to keep the rubber in the fuel system soft against the harsh modern petrol. Do you have an opinion about this?

Thanks
John

Hello Mate
the price I have been given for a reconditioning kit for the brake Booster was 120 Euro.(from place in Italy)
I think that that is a little excessive ...what do you think
Any ideas about other suppliers?
Thanks John

john leeks
Hi Mr Stig!!

I didn't have any luck with Superperformance they advised that they don't do Fiat 130s. I have since located a master cylinder elsewhere ..Can you suggest anywhere else for a reconditioning kit for the brake booster.
I often hear about 130 coupes that have had aground up rebuild...but where do these people get the parts? Are they more abundant in the UK?
On one of the sites someone recommended putting a type of oil into the petrol to keep the rubber in the fuel system soft against the harsh modern petrol. Do you have an opinion about this?

Thanks
John

hi john,
they are just being arkward!(superformance) the dino 2.4 used the same suspension and the master cylinder, and.....booster
re booster, new old stock? or took it apart, cleaned it up. parts? ebay in italy, germany, england, america,
do you use E10 fuel? in austrailia? (petrol/ plant mix) read you would have to put some addivitive in the tank, don`t know much else on this subject.
booster kit for `120 euros doesn`t seem too bad, plus postage could be pricey i guess,
regards the stig (brian)

Hi Brian
Thanks for your advice. Could I please ask you exactly where the fiat 130 and the Dino brakes systems are different or are they all the same ? The rebuild kits for the mastercylinder in the superperformance catalog seem quite cheap
eg 1)are the discs calipers pads etc the same ?

Thanks for your help
John

hi john, brake discs and mastercylinder are the same, the rebuild kit is reasonable but, plus vat (20%) and postage (about £26.94), the pads shown are not the same as 130.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos