FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panda CVT help needed

I am having a bit of trouble with the Panda Selecta at the moment. If you pull up to a junction, you have to keep your foot on the brake otherwise the car tried to keep going. If you don't brake it will drive along at about 10 to 15 mph. While your pressing the brake pedal, you are unable to change gear except down to L (low gear).

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Panda CVT help needed

I'm not an expert on the selecta but have driven a few. My wife has an early Uno Selecta (1988) and it tended to drag all the time to an extent and had to be held on the brake. We still have it but I haven't driven it recently so my memory is a bit vague.

She then had a Punto for a while with the powder clutch. probably your system. It was a lovely driver, you could hear a light click when the accelerator was touched and that engaged the drive. I wonder could this switch be your problem? It's probably sited near the pedal. I hope your powder clutch hasn't seized, very expensive to replace.

Ken

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos