FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat Bravo Heater Unit

Hi,

I've been having an issue with the heating in my Fiat Bravo 1.4 Dynamic 2007. It has dual climate control and the drivers side is working fine but the passenger side is pumping out hot air, not matter what the setting is on.

My local mechanic has looked at it and replaced one of the motors. This didn't fix the problem so it went back for him to have another look.

He has now come back and said that the flaps inside the heater box / matrix unit have collapsed. And he has quoted me £1,200 to fix it.

So I called Fiat to get a price on the unit and it comes in at £568 plus VAT. The rest of the value is made up on labour costs because the dashboard has to come out.

I really don't want to spend this much money as I'm going to sell the car this year and get a newer version of the same car.

So my questions are: -

1. Has anyone else experienced the same problem ?
2. Does the whole unit actually need replacing ?
3. He kept talking about the matrix unit and then the whole unit which are 2 different things, which one houses the flaps ?
4. Would you suggest I contact scrap yards and breakers to get a 2nd hand unit ?
5. How difficult is it to remove the dashboard ?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm gutted and need some advice on this.

Thanks
Dave

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos