FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Punto evo

I,ve recently bought a three year old Punto EVO and I`m a bit concerned that the travel on the clutch pedal has to be longer than what I would call normal ; especially when changing down ! Is this an indication of clutch wear, though I don`t experience clutch slip, indeed it feels quite positive !! Eric.

Re: Punto evo

eric
I,ve recently bought a three year old Punto EVO and I`m a bit concerned that the travel on the clutch pedal has to be longer than what I would call normal ; especially when changing down ! Is this an indication of clutch wear, though I don`t experience clutch slip, indeed it feels quite positive !! Eric.

You'd really need to compare it back to back with another one to answer that question. If it's not slipping and not causing any problems, I'd leave it well alone though to be honest.

If it's really bothering you, there's a Punto Evo section across on Fiat Forum who might be able to confirm if it's normal. I've got an Abarth Grande Punto but it's a different car & I haven't noticed anything weird (I might not though, as I drive all sorts of old Fiats & everything in the Abarth feels very positive & well screwed together whenever I use it!).

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Punto evo

thanks for your comments Gavin.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos