FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

Technical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
twinair starting problem

looking for some help for my daughter.

her 500 twinair developed a problem and wouldn't start, almost as if the battery was dead. the key fob wouldn't work and central locking wouldn't work even when the door was unlocked by the key. the dashboard lights were flickering too.
I had a guy out to try and repair, he fully charged the battery but we still have the same problem, he thinks its the starter motor but isn't100% sure as it doesn't explain the other issues.
does anyone have any idea of what the problem can be? I'm trying to keep the costs down for her and the main dealer is the last resort, I've read on the net that starter motors are changed and then people are back with the same problem within months

any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Rob

Re: twinair starting problem

hi Rob, have a look on Facebook, fiat motor club GB.page. or the fiat 500 page, try Ricambio International in surrey, 02086693800, Franco, from what i have read, it could be the battery that is failing and causing the problem, take the car to a carparts shop, get a free check on the battery,
you don`t say how old the 500 is, but it may be this, rather than the starter. worth a check on the battery first, Brian

Membership Number: yes,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It's a 2011 model, however it only has 9000 miles on the clock and it was used by the previous owner just for the school runs, so maybe your theory of a faulty battery could be correct
Thanks Rob

Rob
Thank you for taking the time to reply. It's a 2011 model, however it only has 9000 miles on the clock and it was used by the previous owner just for the school runs, so maybe your theory of a faulty battery could be correct

Thanks Rob

glad to give a pointer or 2, let us know if this solved the problem.

Membership Number: yes

Try the earth lead from the battery to the chassis.
That can give you all manner of problems if you have bad contacts.
Good luck.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos