FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine numbers

Hi All, once again I need your help, I,ve just rescued (from the breakers) Fiat/Lancia twin cam engine,but have no idea what size or year it is. The engine number (taken of the engine block under the inlet manifold)is 132gb1. If you can help please do I thought I might recondition it but need the above infomation to order parts.
Thanks in advance
Terry

Re: Engine numbers

its from a fiat 132, now can anybody help with the cc!

Hi Neil, Thanks for the help, I thought that it might be a Fiat engine even though it has Lancia rocker covers. I hope someone can help with the cc and the year.
Thanks again Neil
Terry

132B1000 would be a second series (107 bhp) 1756cc 132 saloon unit.

Lancia motors usually have an "8" at the start (eg 828B100 for the 2000 engine).

I have no idea why yours is labelled "GB", what it might mean is that the engine is from an early 1756cc Lancia (before they started using the 8... numbers.)

From memory, Lancia units usually have the name in BIG letters cast just next to the type number on the top of the block just under the head on the inlet side (piston no.4 -sorry if I'm not being specific )

Jim

Hi Dawg, And a Big thank you for your help. I finally got the engine home today (14th) and after a good clean just above the oil filter these are the numbers I got 0569799 and below this 132B1000 so as you say Dawg this is possibly an 1800cc. But dose anyone know the year!!! this would help with the parts people.
Thanks once again
Terry

That would be 1975 onwards but I'm sure Marty Clapton will be along to correct me...

Hi Dawg, And thanks once again, It looks as if I have a 1975-1984 1800cc twin cam. I was hoping it was a 2000cc as I already have an 1800 already stripped awaiting rebuild. Maybe I can find a good home for it, there must be someone needing one.
Thanks Again
Terry

May be interested myself. How much and where are you?

Engine numbers for Fiat twin cam in 132 are stamped above oil filter housing , usually just under distributor.

Engine Numbers starting;
1. 132 A.000 (95bhp)
132 B.000 (95bhp)
Both these numbers relate to 1600 cars, 1592cc.Valve clearance settings; inlet 0.45mm; exhaust 0.60mm.

2. 132 A1.000 (105 bhp)
132 B1.000 (107 bhp)
Both these numbers relate to 1800 cars, 1756cc, with valve clearances as per the 1600 cars, above.

3. From chassis no. 208001, (I have no record of engine numbers, unfortunately.) around August 1975.Revisions were as follows;

132 C.000 ( 95bhp)
1600 was now short stroke 1585cc, with same valve clearances as before.

132 B1.000 (111bhp)
1800 still 1756cc but different carburation with auto choke,revised combustion chamber design. Valve clearances now, 0.45mm inlet, 0.45mm exhaust.

From 1977.

132 C2.000 (112bhp)
1995 cc (2 litre ) cars introduced.I believe valve clearances were revised back again to 0.45mm inlet. 0.60mm exhaust as per the earlier cars.

As you can see Terry, in standard form there is nothing between the 1800 and 2 litre cars in total power output (1bhp!) but you do have more torque from the 2 litre and achieved from lower in the rev range.If you have an "ear" for engines , the 2litre has a slightly harsher note to it from its longer stroke (the bore size was the same), something it has in common with Alfa twin cam when comparing 1800 and 2 litre cars.There are, of course , wider tuning possibilities with the 2 litre.

Hello Dawg,can you give me a call on 07737057373. I live in South Lakes Cumbria if this helps.
Martin,Thanks for the infomation its of great help I have booked marked it for future reference.You guys are of so much help I really appreciate it.
Many Many Thanks
Terry

And with sidedraught Dellortos fitted? (You can see where I'm going with this eh?

I'll probably speak to you soon Terry. Meantime, anyone know if the 1756 motor will fit on the early 1608cc gearbox or am I looking for a box too?

Hi Dawg, I wish I could help with the gearbox but I'm sorry I can't, but I'm sure someone will. I was cleaning the garage up the other day ( she that will be obeyed )and came across an adapter plate for a Fiat tc and vw gearbox, anyone need one!!!!
Regards
Terry

Re: Re: Engine numbers

Hi there,

In a similar vein I have an engine currently undergoing rebuild... the code reads

134B1000

Now there is a fair amount of rust etc on the block, and I can't find reference to "134" engines anywhere. Can I assume it is actually 132B1000 or does anyone know of the existence of engine code beginning "134"??

Regards,

Gavin.

There were Fiat 134 engines used in Lancias I think, but I don't know where you'd find a list to help any further. Some 134AS engines were in the Montecarlo & Beta Scorpion I believe. 134B would suggest a "B" series car of some description - ie later than an "A" series car.

Maybe someone can come up with something more helpful though!!

Regards, Gavin.

HI Terry
Reference your notes on the adaptor plate, twin cam to vw, yes i could be interested especially if you know any more info on other surrounding parts required to complete the set/conversion, ie starter motor types etc.
Tim Milnes

Got one of these in mind Tim?

Re code 134.
It appears these engines 134AS.600, 134AS.0316 were fitted to Lancia Scorpian US version of Mc 1756cc
and 134AS.000 1995 to the Montecarlo itself

Hi Jim
just keepin me options open
Tim
ps
it would be nice/you must agree

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos