General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buying a new Fiat? Read this first!

Good News for Club Members

If you are thinking of buying a new Fiat
Then read this First

Through a contact of Jo Widdrington’s at Fiat Auto UK, the Club has been offered the opportunity for its members to participate in their Group Affinity Scheme for purchases of new Fiat cars. This Scheme is reserved for Fiat’s valued associated companies and organisations. The discounts available are currently up to 24% dependant on the model you wish to buy.

The Scheme is available to primary club members only, so if a co- member wishes to become eligible they will have to take out a separate membership, which, if you are going to save several thousand pounds on a new car purchase, joining the Club as a full member is not much to ask.

The way the Scheme works is that you must first inform the Dealer that you qualify for the Fiat Group Affinity Scheme; once you have decided which vehicle you wish to purchase you should contact either Jo, Tom or myself and we will arrange to issue you with a Sales Authorisation Voucher, which you must take to your Fiat Dealer, He will then be able to order and supply your new car with the discount offered on the particular model. Since you cannot normally negotiate a discount of up to 24% this will mean that retail Fiat offers, such as interest free credit, may no longer be available to you, and this discount will be the only deal available.

You will still be able to part exchange your old car through your Dealer but the price offered for your car will reflect the fact that the he is working on a much reduced profit, so you may wish to dispose of your old car yourself.

You may also purchase your new car on credit, using the Dealer’s standard interest rates, unless otherwise stated. Alternatively, you may prefer to make your own arrangements; but if you do want finance your Fiat Dealer will be able to arrange a loan for you at a very competitive rate.

You will be able to purchase two new cars each calendar year which means you can change your car when the ashtrays are full of sweet wrappings - thought you got me there didn’t you - which means your car will always be under warranty and you will have no more repair bills to pay.

So, if you have decided to buy a new Fiat, including the new Fiat 500; which although not available with a discount, does currently qualify for free insurance to Scheme participants (subject to insurer’s terms and conditions), you will be eligible for a great deal through the Club.

This is another service offered by the Club in cooperation with Fiat Auto UK and we recommend it to you, If you require any further information regarding the Scheme please contact one of us and we will be happy to help.

Peter Jones 020 8372 4028 email: pjones1071@blueyonder.co.uk
Jo and Tom 020 8898 6121 email: joandtom@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Buying a new Fiat? Read this first!

Dear members,

We are long overdue an update on the scheme, so please read this in conjunction with Peter's original post above.

The scheme has been in place for a while now, and has been very successful. Many members have already benefitted from the discounts available, and this can save a considerable amount of money and hassle.

The system is still as outlined above, but please contact me at gavin@fiatmotorclubgb.org for further information about the discounts, or how the scheme works. I do not differentiate between members and co-members, so any paid up member is eligible.

The affinity scheme as it is known, is basically the employee scheme, so rates are very favourable. Discounts vary depending on the model, but can be significant, as mentioned in Peter's post above. All Fiat passenger cars are currently included - discounts are currently given on everything apart from the 500 which has a "customer spend" value given (for example £1600 may be given to spend on options and servicing - your metallic paint, sunroof, climate control, etc).

If you are getting a discount on the car, this also applied to any factory fitted options ordered. So if you buy your Panda with collision brake control, you'll get your 20% discount (for example) off of this as well.

There are also deals offered on purchase/lease plans, and special finance offers - information on these is also available via me. Currently there is no discount on Abarth cars (they are a separate manufacturer), however, there is often a finance deal in place whereby Fiat/Abarth contribute towards the deposit or give a very low interest rate. Commercial Fiat vehicles may also be included, but I haven't been sent a list recently - I can check if anyone is interested in this.

The way the scheme works is very simple.

You go into the dealer of your choice, order the car and specification of your choice, and get the affinity scheme price with no hassle or haggling.

At the point of ordering you present the dealer with the scheme voucher. This is sent out by Tom, but you will already have contacted me about the discounts before this. So it's:

1. Look at the cars you like.

2. Contact me at gavin@fiatmotorclubgb.org to get details of what's available.

3. When you are definitely going to order, contact me again & I will ask Tom to arrange a voucher for you - they are only issued when you are about to order.

4. Go into your dealer with the voucher & get a great deal!

Your dealer will not be making money out of this, and has no incentive to give you a great p/ex. If it's a car they want for stock you will be ok, but don't expect more than bottom book value. You may be better off selling the car privately.

And that's it. Simples as some might say!

Best wishes,

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos