FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mk1 850 coupe panels

hi,are floor panels and front panel availible for the early 850 coupe?...ive found a nice complete un molested one here in malaysia....but the floors and front panel have rotted....

welding and fabrication is cheap here but if panels were availible that would be better...

thanks...

Re: mk1 850 coupe panels

850 coupe panels are becoming harder to find - front panels are not a problem, but floor pans are becoming harder to find. Wings (fenders) for early coupes are very scarce.

Try:
http://www.850fiat.de/
http://www.autostoria.fr/
http://www.autoquariat.at/
http://www.fiatplus.com/

I picked up a nice set of 850 floor panels from Middle Barton Garage.
http://www.racecar.co.uk/mbg/

Otherwise, the floors could be fabricated - there is nothing too complex.

thanks for the info...the car is in very good condition other than the front panel and floors...even the floors may be repairable.....wings etc all un rusted....

its sat out side for 4 years here baking under the sun and getting hosed down by tropical down pours !!......

Hi Dave
I have found with persistance two series one front wings, its taken me 18 months and lots of late night emailing and ebaying, i know of one in slovenia but at its ridiculous cost i left that one alone, they are very hard to find but keep trying.
Tim Milnes
(series one 1966 850 coupe white) in the UK

Hi Dave,

I have two new old stock front panels for the Series 1 in stock. I want to keep one as a patern, in order to make new panels from it.

However, I would sell the spare one for £150.00, if you are intersted.

Tim, who answered your post further up, has a S1 in our workshop at the moment. We intend to use his pair of new front wings as patterns also, in order to start making our own new front wings and possibly front wing repair sections. Let me know if you are interested in putting in an advance order for these items. I'm afrtaid I can't give you much idea on cost on those yet, until I hear back from the casting foundry who are making the moulds for us.

Kind regards

Rory Cole

Cole's Motor Services (Bexhill) Ltd
(+44)1424 218687 (+44)7792 012872
fiat850rory@yahoo.co.uk

okee dokee....im still chasing the ilusive owner...over here no 'papers' = no chance !! the car will be scrapped.........

so we are doing out detective work in chinese/bahasa/english language..........wish us luck..

hey guys, i have to report success in finding the owner, we did a deal at 2K malaysian ringgit, thats a near enough £500...im a happy fellow, 2 owners from new !

today we organise a flat bed to pick it up and deliver to my home 200 kilometers away.... then my favorite part, getting an idle car running again !

Rory, i will get back to you regarding the front panel after i have inspected this one properly.

Well done - please keep us posted on progress - pics especially.

hi all, thanks for the good wishes. its chassis number 151488 which i believe makes it 1966? reg in Panang Malaysia 23/01/1968, its uk spec with mph speedo.

i got the car going with little effort, apart from a timing chain rattle and some tappety tappets it runs fine, next job is oil change etc.

body wise after inspection it seems the main areas of rot are the front wheel well and cross member (the front panel is savable i reckon), battery box, and both floors, the drivers being the worst with even the throttle pedal loose !! im sure the inner sills will be needing attention too.

the above im sure is normal for these cars, and i would appreciate any help in either finding panels or info/drawings/templates etc so i can fabricate locally.

although im in malaysia i have a UK address for mail of parts etc, so dont be scared to help !!

drwhojersey001@yahoo.co

thanks guys, and i will post some pics as soon as i can sort p/bucket out.

%%bbCodeItem_1%%
%%bbCodeItem_2%%
%%bbCodeItem_3%%
%%bbCodeItem_4%%

a few pics of it sitting where it was, and delivered home for power wash....

dam......will try again

i give on the pictures !!

anyway,after a proper look over the car needs floors both sides, and extensive work in the front boot area, ive found a grit blaster here locally that mounts the car on a spit for full cleaning.

before i commit to this id like to find some floor panels, or even one side so i can get another made here to pattern....im doing the usual international ebay trawl (found some cills in the usa) but if anyone has other leads that would be great.

Hi Dave
if you cut and paste the individual items they can be viewed and once you are in your profile you can see other photos. It looks like a pretty reasonable starting point. Germany (ebay.de) and of course Italy (ebay.it)have been my best finds for panels.
good luck,
Tim
ps my 1966 coupe's body is nearly complete(going for Galv/zinc spraying in Jan)

finally got it sorted,thanks for the help.

Re: Re: mk1 850 coupe panels

Hi Dave
There is an 850 drivers side floor on ebay.it at the moment.
Tim

bump !!! my place has been booked in on the spit for the blasting, guys, apart from some outer sill sections in the USA i still havint found the floor panels i need....ive tried all the leads given so far....there is a good fabricater localy but id be more confident with the right panels, as the inner sills and central spine section need work too,at least with good floors he would have more to work to.

my wish list is floors both sides, outer sills, and sparewheel well repair panel....i did say it was a wish list !!

happy gong xi fatt cai (chinese new year) to any chinese reading !

I think you'll find your panels at http://www.autostoria.fr/ except the wheel well - that will almost certainly need fabricating.

hi yes i understand, autostoria do not have stock...im on the alert list.....

thanks for the info

This supplier lists 850 Spider floorpans, are they the same?

http://www.biondilamierati.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=postkart&file=index&req=itemview&IID=169&KID=2009012401023890.204.250.142

im not sure, i dont think so, autostoria list spider and coupe under different part numbers...spider in stock coupe not...

thanks for the info tho.

i've located and bought some outer sills...

Hi Dave
The spider and coupe floors are different due to foot area at the rear and the big X panel that rienforces the floor on the spyder. I have one of each
Tim

hi Tim, yes i gathered they are different from stuff ive been reading etc, i assume the berlina floors are the same as the coupe though? talking of spiders, i nearly fell off my bar stool a week or so ago, an orange series 2 drove past ! in down town KL malaysia! a chinese guy with a big grin was driving....

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos