FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M Reg fiat uno 5 door

i am a learner driver thinking of the car in the subject for £275 i would like to know of any faults i should look for in this car

Cheers

Tom

p.s merry christmas

Re: M Reg fiat uno 5 door

No offence, but £275 is scrap money.

Check EVERYTHING!!

Slightly dissagree there, just sold a fully mot'd uno for £150, they dont seem to fetch much even if theyre good

Re: Re: M Reg fiat uno 5 door

Check for corrosion on sills,round suspension points. look at tyres and exhaust. Does the interior smell damp. How much mot has it got? Does the handbrake work, What condition are the front discs and are the pads ok?

They are a great little car but the early Uno's could corrode quite badly.

Good luck

If you really want an Uno take a look at this fifth gear video first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEl2ueCATs&feature=related

I would go for a newer Punto personally

I meant thst at that sort of money, most people won't spend a lot on maintenance so everything on the car needs to be thoroughly checked over.

Don't rely on the MOT tester to do the job for you, an MOT test is about minimum requirements and is only an indication that the car was roadworthy at the moment in time when the car was tested. It is not a guarantee of raodworthiness for the next 12 months

Good luck with the car if you buy it though, they are good fun!

Re: Re: M Reg fiat uno 5 door

I wouldn't worry too much about the front pads and discs, shop around motor factors and you'll get pads AND discs for under £25, easy to fit too.
Rustwise the most arkward point seems to be rear inner arches, there is a double skinned area where the nasty rust bugs munch away unnoticed until the top shockers mounts pop through....
Anyone ever found repair panels for this, I've had to fabricate both of mine.
I'd always go for Uno over Punto if you're diy-ing, much simpler to work on, loads of cheap bits on ebay too !!

Yup, 125 uses Uno brakes. Last set of Mintex discs cost me £6 each, pads were a fiver.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos