FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panda Sledging

Finally got the chance to try out the Panda's 4x4 system properly today

Very impressive on the snow and thick ice covered country lanes round here - I doubt I'd have got the Coupe much further than the end of the drive!!

I must admit I was beginning to doubt the wisdom of coming down one single track road (one end said road closed, but the way I entered didn't say that ). I took it very steadily and used first as a makeshift hill descent system and it sailed through everything - and past several lesser machines which had come to grief earlier..... Particularly impressive uphill without even a twitch on sheet ice.

Would have been even better on the right tyres I'm sure. Of course the best bit is there's no salt to wash off, as the gritters hadn't ventured out this far

Happy Panda'ing

Re: Panda Sledging

PANDA POWER !!!!!!

should try a Croma in the show !!!!

Now your showing off!! You can forget about Sedicivalvoles in the snow - they only go straight on!!!!!!

That's one better than a Coupe Mike - they go sideways! No seriously whatever you do (take it carefully, try 2nd or 3rd, backwards.........) it just slews sideways! Try that in Castle Street High Wycombe (Thame House next to Halfords) - that day I took 6 1/2 hours to go 8 miles home to Risborough & very nearly stuffed it into a wall within 3 yards when I realised ABS is a seriously BAD thing in deep snow on ice......!!!!

I shudder just to think of it

Gimme a Panda or 127 any day. Actually nothing with modern "driver aids" as they seem to be mainly for non-drivers. Am I wrong? I could feel exactly what the Panda was doing today - good ol fashioned mechanical grip (or lack of).

If I'm going to hit something I'd prefer to be in a modern Fiat, to avoid it I'd usually prefer a classic Fiat. Does that make me odd - discuss...........!!

mine stayed outside the house! i went out in my front wheel drive, antiskid,abs,weighted down TRANSIT

Hi All
Good to hear you are enjoying the panda in its primary use at last.
My 2006 2.3jtd FIAT lwb h/r van was fine in the snow today with no driver aids, except a bit of production car trials experience a few years ago. even with hard firestone tyres at 65psi and weighing approx 3 ton.
Tim
ps my handbrake (u turn lever) works well too!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos