FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
127 doors

Does anyone have any decent 127 doors at all?Mine are a bit worse for wear,maybe a future project once had a bit more practice on the welder.

Cheers

Pete

Re: 127 doors

I know a guy in a fiat main dealer but he only has one side not sure which but new. Donahoes in Kylemore rd, Dublin 01/6215000

one on ebay 99p.

Hi there, i have a brand new genuine Fiat 127 door L/H if you want to email me at tellfiat@aol.com

Cheers Trevor.

Just had a look at the door on ebay,the inside looks different to mine(mines a mk 2).Can anyone tell which one it is?Is it a stupid question to ask if they are interchangable?

Thanks for that Trevor,I've emailed you.

Not sure that is a 127 door on Ebay. The bottom crease looks too high to me, unless it's just the photo - any other thoughts? Maybe from a Fiorino van?

The inside does not match a mk3 door I have either - sorry that's not for sale.

The mk2 and mk3 doors are interchangeable but the holes for the exterior trim are different. It's just a case of filling and drilling the correct ones.

If you can get a new one for sensible money it's not worth messing around with an old rusty one imho.

Hope this helps, Gavin.

I think the one on ebay may be off a 126. On the series 2 door there is a channel at the top for the door card to sit into to hold it but it's not on the series 3. Any metal fabricator can fold up new ones. I got some made for my car very easily. They are only spot welded on and the door card covers the welds.

Mk 1, 2 and 3 doors are all the same pressing, Its just the exterior and interior trim fittings which are different.

I`ve got some good used doors, I`ll have a look whats available...£70 each

I think Buckingham Palace has 127 doors

I have one r/h door left in stock. 100 Euro. There are still a few of these left in Fiat (Italy). I've sold a few of these over the past year, but have decided not to stock any more as I had more enquires than sales. All 127 doors are the same apart from the very early models (do any still exist) that had a smaller fly window. The was a different part number listed for the very last series car which had 'square' holes for the outer mouldings. We never stocked these as was easier to simply drill holes.

Maybe I should mention, that my doors are NEW.

I have a pair of doors

hello. the chap with the new doors 100 euro. If you answner your email, could of sold them doors 100 times.some people are time wasters.your best bet is to buy the one on ebay at 99p what have you got to loose. cut the bottom of and have it welded to your door.

Where abouts are you based Rob?

Near to Chester (UK) junction 9 0n the m53. Email me on the127man@hotmail .com

Both doors are AA 1 no dents rust etc

I check my email every day, I've probably replied to 50 or more emails about these doors. None of them were replied to or turned into a sale. The doors I did sell were to people I knew who were glad to get them. The part number of the r/h door is 5887256. If you go into your local Fiat Dealer, you can still order them as there were still a few left in Italy.
I have an interest in older Fiats and only do this as a service. From this year I have decided its not worth the effort as most people are only interested in eBay, or getting stuff for nothing. I understand its diffcult to budget for a restoration as the cost of restoring a Morris Minor or a Merc could end up the same, and not relative to the cost of the car in the first instance.
I myself own a Lancia Aurelia B20. Check and you will see how much these cars are valued, and then treble that amount if you need to restore one. So Im well aware of the relative cost of parts. One day doors for 127's will be like doors for Aurelias, so to me 100 Euro is a bargain.

Sorry for the rant, but if I'm a time waster, then the past 30 years I've spent managing the parts department of 3 different Fiat Dealerships have also been a waste. Pity....

kmacb.....were`nt you the gentleman that was "ranting" some time ago about stocking redundant Fiat parts in your dealership?? Seems to me that your wealth of expertise taught you little about stock control and marketing needs. Didn`t you end up scrapping this stock? Maybe Fiat need to re-examine their recruitment techniques, is this why Fiat dealerships, in the main, eventually close?

Yep that was me. I could point out that the Dealership I work for at present is one of the most successful in the country. Its been a Fiat Dealer since the 50's and in existance from the mid 1800's when it sold (and still does) Farm machinery and latterly (when they were invented) Tractors. Since 1999 as an example, most of the new Fiat Dealerships that opened in Ireland have changed from Fiat to another franchise. We, as they closed, bought and sold their stock. This month alone, we are up parts sales on last year (recession ??). If trying to sell obsolete stock (127 doors for example) is wrong, then I'll stop posting replies to this forum. As an exercise, go into any NEW Fiat dealership and enquire about older parts for cars from the mid or early 80's, and see how you get on.
Fiat have no interest in the quality, or not of the staff in Dealerships. All they are interested in is SELLING CARS. As I've already said, if posting the availability of obsolete stock, in the hope that it may help someone, and also make my company a few extra bob, is wrong, well I'll stop now. But I dont appreciate being told I'm 'wasting' my time.

As Harry Hill would say:

"There's only one way to sort this out.................FIGHT!"

Seems a shame that someone who seems to be so helpful towards members seems to get shot down all the time. Not surprised you're feeling a bit miffed kmacb

hi kmacb what part of ireland are you situated
we are in kerry and have two 127 sport. sean

Whoops, I put my size 10 in there didn`t I? Maybe I should have said that "main Dealers" are not usually top of the telephone list for old model parts stock. Fiat, as you point out "have no interest" and that, in itself, probably explains why theres more old Fords about than Fiats. So well done you if your making some effort.... Sorry for my acid comments.

My own Marketing experience, tells me that the extremely low volume of 50s/60s/70s Fiats surviving; is a severe handicap to any large investment in this market. Having said that I know the old 500 is still viable.

Hay kevin your top man in my book always willing to lookup part numbers on the old micro fich and actually get most parts, and with good discount.

So keep up the good work. Ed Byrne 127GT

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos