FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sparkplugs info

hi according to my haynes book, i understand my '66 GC100 850 coupe should use Champion N3 plugs, (please correct me if im wrong)

the only plugs widely availible here in kuala lumpur are NGK and Nippon Denso...does anyone have the equivilant numbers for these makes?....i did a search around town today and drew a blank..

points etc i will get from europe...but im trying to get it running properly in the meantime....the plugs in at the moment are some ancient Proton ones.
thanks, dave

Re: sparkplugs info

i found it...Champion N3 = NGK B8ES

Hi Dave
The ones that i have mostly used are NGK bpr6es
where the p stands for projected (ie a it longer)
and r stands for resistive, so please check you have the correct ones.
Tim
ps i found the triple/quad electrode type work very well in 850's but they must be the same size/heat/ resistivity

hi tim, thanks a lot....event he ngk b8es proving illusive here !!i wiil try the new number..great stuff !! thanks....

autodata are stating the following plugs are suitable for the 100GC 850 engine.
Bosch W6D
Champion L7Y
NGK BP6ES

Hi I must have used the BPR6ES on a late 903cc coupe or my spyder so i guess the BP6ES must be for the earlier 843cc cars then,
Tim

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos