FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 130 heater now fixed!

Well, it appears my diagnosis was right. I had a look at it today and decided the easiest way to do it was to just fit the inline pump. When I got it working (it was a little reluctant to turn due to standing) it was dead easy to fit to the return pipe from the LPG unit. (See photo below):

After fitting I started the engine and let it warm up. The coolant hose back to the engine from the LPG unit remained cold. I then powered up the pump. What a difference! Within a minute or so the hoses were hot and lo and behold the air inside the car was warm for the first time!

Now I am on to sorting the dodgy lights, (looks like it is a faulty switch) and checking the fan output which I still think is below par.

Re: Fiat 130 heater now fixed!

well done dave, you got it sorted! next problem?

Hi there. I live in Norway and have exactly the same heater issues with my '83 131 2.0 Supermirafiori TC and I am very interested to know how you solved it.

Unfortunately I cannot see the picture in this post... It may be asking too much, but would it be possible for you to point me in the right direction as to exactly how you solved it? Maybe even post or send a picture of the solution to ulgutten@gmail.com?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Martin

Hi,

I changed photo hosts which is why the picture disappeared I think.

Mercedes W126 cars have a electric inline pump in the heater system. I had a spare one so I fitted it between the engine heater output and the LPG vapouriser.

If you have a 131 are you on www.131mirafiori.com?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes sir, I am registered at www.131mirafiori.com as 'lochraceness'. I still haven't made any posts there as of yet, though.

Edit: Where did you put the pump? On the return from the vaporizer or on the feeding hose?

Cheers, Martin

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos