FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
130 broken again (my fault this time)!

Decided to do some more work on the 130 today. Got the centre consul and associated bits out today in my quest to sort out the heating and ventilation. Unfortunately when removing the blower switch knob I did not take into account it is held with a grub screw and managed to break the switch beyond repair

If anybody has a spare for sale please let me know!

Re: 130 broken again (my fault this time)!

Stig has one!

regards Richard

Re: Re: 130 broken again (my fault this time)!

hi dave, sorry to read you have broke the knob, what a sickener! at least richard knows what i have in my lock up!will have look in some of the boxes!

Well, today I plundered a 130 Coupe which is being broken for spares (very rusty). I managed to get a set of column switches and a blower switch amongst other things. The donor car had air con and the switch has three settings not two. Does anybody know is it just the switch that is different or is the fan/motor different too?

More details and pics of what I bought to follow!

hi dave,was the car you plundered, the one in wigan?
are the window gear still intact? drivers side?

the motor will be different, also across the counsole thre should be another switch for the air con,but will check the manual,

Yes it was the one in Wigan. The electric motor and gears for the drivers side window were still there. The door panel has been riveted on though so take a drill or hammer and chisel with you! If you go to it could you perhaps pick up a few bits for me? I bought the carburettor, but left some screws for it under the bonnet and I also got the air con system but think I have left the bracket for the pump attached to the engine. I ran out of time as it took longer to the the parts I needed than I thought!

I got the fan motor too so that should not be an issue!

will see if i can get there soon.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos