FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat panda Fire engine 999cc Exhaust/downpipe gasket

Does anybody know if there should be a gasket between the exhaust manifold and the two port downpipe of the 999cc Fire engine fitted to my 1990 Panda and my 1989 4x4.(It is a two into one pipe) I contacted my local Fiat dealer and their parts list does not show one fitted.The car I am working on did not have one fitted as I found when I removed the downpipe to allow me access to remove the sump. Yet in my collection of Panda bits I have found a tatty but complete gasket that is the exact fit. I am wondering if this is another of those part numbers that Fiat dont know but do exist.I have a head gasket kit but it is not in there. Any help one way or another would be a help.

Re: Fiat panda Fire engine 999cc Exhaust/downpipe gasket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-Flange-Gasket-Fiat-Panda-Uno-Fire_W0QQitemZ290273738010QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item290273738010&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1701%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Try this link - £4.50 on ebay

Yes in both cases. As to the 4x4, the gasket has been missed from the Eper illustration so the partsman says not fitted. This is just one of many omissions in the Eper, which Fiat are well aware of but have never bothered to correct.

Ask for the gasket from a 4x2 Panda or a Mk1 Punto 55. These gaskets are also available from people like Bosal and should be obtainable from any decent motor factor.
Rgds.

My 1990 Panda is a 4x2 which is the one I asked the dealer to check. I will ask them to check for the Uno. I have found the ebay advert. many thanks for your time and knowledge.
Cheers, Michael

According to Fiat dealer it is the Mk1 Punto 75(my mistake in mentioning the Uno in my last message)not the 55 and they charge £7.69 and the part number is 46465291 for info. The ebay one is cheaper with postage! Thanks again.

Part number is correct, item is used on Punto 55 etc ( and for that matter on the FIRE engined Uno's,) Can be obtained at half that price from Bosal.
Rgds.

I have managed to source a gasket from my local Unipart today for the princely sum of £1.91 inc. Their part number is BAIFTG13.
Cheers.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos