FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat 132 TV Advertisement (Music??)

Here is a Fiat 132 TV advertisement which states 1971 on the film, but the 132 wasn't released until 1972, and the series 2 car illustrated, not until 1974.

The TV ad. seems to be of French/African origin, but what really is bugging me, is the theme music. Don't get me wrong, I like the music, but I definately remember it was the theme tune to a UK tv series late 60's/ early 70's. ANYBODY PLACE IT???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiBgzLfTDRA

Re: Fiat 132 TV Advertisement (Music??)

If you've got a mobile phone, Shazam it!

Get the music to play, dial 2580 on your mobile and hold it near the speaker for 10 secs or so. You will then get a text back from Shazam with the title and artist, Google that and all should be revealed

I seem to remember 'The Doctors' drama?? maybe

FOUND IT! FOUND IT!! FOUND IT!!!

Thanks for tip, John , but saved the phone bill!

Bernie, you're not far wrong, as the series it came from was about a doctor, "Owen M. D." was the title, came out as a bbc tv series around 1970/1.(So half a point for you!!)

The reason I remembered the tune was that I was sure it got into the pop charts at the time, and remembered listening to it on Top of the Pops.There were several tv theme tunes that did quite well in the charts at the time, notably The Persuaders theme (John Barry- excellent !), Van der Valk (Simon Park Orchestra), The Onedin Line (can't remember!),Avenues and Alleyways -theme to the Protectors ; (Tony Christie); to name a few .

Funny enough I mentioned "Owen M.D." to my girlfriend last night but it did not register on youtube, but I just put on google and I got the link to the theme tune, Its called "Sleepy Shores" by Johnny Pearson.

Sorry to bore with a trip down memory lane into the 70's chaps, but you know how it is!!!!

Excellent

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos