FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiat Idea Dual Logic Help

Could anybody please give me some constructive advice. I have a Fiat Idea Dual Logic which when accelerating in top gear in auto mode keeps slipping out of gear. It has myself baffled.

Many Thanks

Dean

Re: Fiat Idea Dual Logic Help

Had this on a Vauxhall Omega. Changing the gearbox oil and filter did the trick but that one had over 200k on it. Yours might not be so simple and could well be an internal fault. Sorry, that's probably not a lot of help!

Not always as simple as normal auto boxes when it comes to problems. A lot of the problems with the dual logic boxes can stem from the electronic ECU for the gearbox.

Membership Number: 10511

There also seems to be a leak from dual logic unit. It seems to be coming through the gear position plastic housing. Any ideas if it can be sealed as it can't be reached. Also is there a way to bleed the clutch.
Thanks.Dean

I would not discount the oil leak - this may be causing the problem. I had a Dualogic situation with kangarooing at low speed. I also had a minor oil leak. It transpired that the oil was contaminating the clutch.
Regards Richard

Membership Number: 7428

I am getting quotes of £3000 + for a new Dual Logic box because it is a sealed box apparently. Does anybody know if they are repairable? If so any numbers would be very helpful. Thanks.

Dean

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos