FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maltese 127 1050cc screamer

Have a look at Jeff Vella`s 127 at the Gnejna Hillclimb Malta...and turn the volume up

http://www..youtube.com/watch?v=efTbP1WoEKA

i`ll be meeting this guy in a couple of weeks....Should make a nice write up and maybe one for the "cars" section (Theo willing) for all 127 fans

Membership Number: Lapsed

Re: Maltese 127 1050cc screamer

Nice one!

But why does it sound like a Pinto engine with worn camshaft at tickover?

And how much practice does it take to learn to change gears so quickly?

Membership Number: 8946

Off the cam is why it sounds ropey, I have`nt met the car in person yet, but would suspect that nothing happens below 4000rpm.
Jeff probably has a sintered clutch and may have perfected clutchless gearchanges.
I hope to get full specifications of the 127 and pictures when we meet up.

Did anyone notice the nice Alfasud on the right just as the car turned at the finish of the run?

Forgot to say that Though the tach cannot be read you`l note that attached to it is a red light alarm and each time it glows red a gear change is made.......

Ford enthusiasts only dream of having such an engine ! Pinto's make it a habbit of wearing cams but that's something that is never heard of with Fiats and their oil-bath camshaft design !....please also note that the shift light is set at 9000rpm !

regards

the 127 owner and driver !

Membership Number: 0000

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos