FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIAT 124 AC Coupe 1972

Hello, does anyone know the value of these cars..? I`ve just been to see one in Ocre Yellow that has been restored and then stored away for quite a while, got it running, sounds nice on the twin carbs. Drives ok. No MOT though( obviously ).. the resto work looks to be of a high standard and with a bit of spit and polish should clean up REALLY well. Panels all look very good, maybe even new ones they are that clean..Been wax oyled as well afterwards. Only 2 previous owners, last one (who died unfortunately) had owned it since 1974..!!! It all looks original and seems to be all there. Guy is asking £1800ono for it and i`m very tempted as it`ll be tax exempt to boot..!
Anyone recognise the no. plate...PVW 593K
Thanks
Mark

Membership Number: ooops..!

Re: FIAT 124 AC Coupe 1972

Going by the year,(1972) sounds like you should have a "BC" there. The "AC" had the front bonnet sloping down in between the single headlights and slim tail lights , whereas, the "BC" had the twin headlights set in the front radiator grill, and larger rectangular rear light clusters.

Membership Number: 10962

Sounds like a good buy to me!

i`m pretty convinced it has to be an AC as it has a standard boot lid and the front bumper doesn`t drop down in the middle like the BC ones.that makes it a very late AC indeed...I `m going to offer him £1650, as it still needs to be MOT`d and who knows what that may find...? most likely sticky calipers and corroded discs....
By the way, who is the `main man` on 124 Coupes that i could contact..?
Will keep you informed....Cheers

I think you may have some wrong info Mark. The 124 sport with the lower middle bit in the front bumper is the CC model. You may be looking at a BC model.
Here is my AC model. It's MOT 'ed and Taxed (free) ready to go. I'm insured with Adrian Flux for around £80 with agreed value of £3500.
I am selling it soon and open to offers if your interested

Photobucket

Membership Number: 11553

Hi Bernie, thanks for that..It does seem i`ve got me wires crossed then, cos it doesn`t look like your one for sure..So it must be a BC then..
I`ve tried to put a picture of it up here but can`t find the button to let me do this...?
Still worth a go though , i think...
Regards Mark

Certainly worth a look

Membership Number: 11553

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos