FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Motorway Madness!!!

IN RESPECT OF MY RECENT PARLIAMO ARTICLE ON OUR MOTORWAYS.

Came back from Bristol,(about 3pm on Thursday 23/04/09) northbound on the M5 from Junction 15 (M4 interchange), traffic flowing nicely, but just before J14 the traffic slowed up to around 40mph, and continued that way for a few miles or so. Naturally thought there was a wide load ahead, as it had not come to a dead stop, but sure enought it did exactly that at 2 and a half miles below J13 (Stroud). Stayed still a just over half an hour.

We were able to witness the Emergency vehicles which had to come from J13 southbound, to J14 and return northbound on the hard shoulder to the scene of the accident. These comprised of 1 police motorcycle, 2 plain police cars, 3 standard police cars. Oh!, and the police helicopter overhead.

Naturally, with such attendance you'd expect a big accident, maybe involving many cars?

Wrong, 1 car. A BMW with a smashed o/s wing, probably hit Armco or bridge, no other cars involved.., as far as we could see. What' s more , the ambulance which you would have thought been a priority, wasn't on his way until we were on the move.

WHAT A WASTE OF RESOURCES- (And tax payers money, lest we forget) surely it does not take all this staff to sort a one car incident as this was. There must have been near 10 bobbies on the scene., all parading around in hi-viz jackets and there shades. What a joke!! A collegue was only reading in Daily Express how the police closed a huge area of London down , for again , a one car accident!!

Membership Number: 10962

Re: More Motorway Madness!!!

If the helicopter was there, it sounds like a bit more than an rtc to me. Possibly a drugs arrest which ended up with the car being run off the road, or something along those lines?

There is usually more to it than meets the eye

Re: More Motorway Madness!!!

Being an old fart allows one to reflect on days gone by and it seems to me that old bill will close a road these days at the "drop of a hat"..........causing absolute chaos not to mention frayed tempers.

Just glad I`m not gonna be here in a few years By that time the `elf and safety/PC/and you couldn`t make it up brigade will be in full command!

I`m just off wif me safety goggles for a game of conkers wif the grandson.............

Membership Number: Lapsed (soon to be refreshed!!!)

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos