FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auto Italia 07.06.09 Stanford Hall.

Okay peeps, thought i'd start the thread as I guess it falls in the Midlands Area !

I'll hold a club stand - clearly marked with flag hopefully flapping in the breeze ! Last year we some how got rather spread about, it would be great this year if we could all park together ! Anyway heres the details - WHO'S COMING THEN ??

AUTO ITALIA Sunday 7th June

Where:
STANFORD HALL
Lutterworth
Leicestershire
LE17 6DH

Widely known as the premier UK concours for top-quality Italian automobiles, this spectacular event will once again be held in the grounds of Stanford Hall. Following the success of last year’s Alfa Romeo Owners’ Club National Concours, held for the first time at the event, we are delighted that the Club will be returning to us in 2009. Another first last year was the Fiat and Abarth National Concours. This year the concours entries will be accommodated in the main display area joined for the first time with a selection of top quality Lancias. As well as the formal concours areas, the Ferrari Owners’ Club and Maserati Club will be returning with displays of exotic cars. Visitors arriving in an Italian car will be invited to join the general display area. There will also be an Italian trade village and a concession on entrance to the elegant stately home. Entries are invited for the Fiat and Abarth and Lancia concours competitions. Accepted entries will receive free entry. Email the Editor on phil.ward@chpltd.com.

Its a great show in a beautiful setting - cant wait !!!

Membership Number: 11782

Re: Auto Italia 07.06.09 Stanford Hall.

Anyone ?? Cant be just me going, surely ?

Sorry Jen - I won't be there. In the I.O.M for the TT

Jeni Long
Anyone ?? Cant be just me going, surely ?

I'm planning to be there Jeni. Not sure which car, but it will be a Fiat if that helps??.............

Cheers, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

I intend to be there as I missed last year due to holidays.

Should be in my Panda 45CL

Neil

Membership Number: 9481

Hope to be there with the Topo Smith Special.....is there overnight camping on site or nearbye.
Steve

Membership Number: 6610

hopefully i'll get there, now ive done the clutch the 131 will be singing along

Membership Number: 11339

Steve Denning
Hope to be there with the Topo Smith Special.....is there overnight camping on site or nearbye.
Steve
no but you could camp
at castle coombe on saturday then go to stamford , i'd suggest this and the reply was s****F

Steve, theres a big feild out the back of our house if you want to camp - its about half way between the two venues !!

Thanks for that Jenni but looks like daughter wants to come on Sunday so I will have to return home after Castle Coombe. Lots of driving this weekend.

Steve

Membership Number: 6610

Hello Jeni

I should be there in the Strada as long as its not peeing down with rain, (Those italian rust mights will be itching to get hold of my car if she gets to wet)

Regards Phil

Membership Number: 11789

phil sharpe
Hello Jeni

I should be there in the Strada as long as its not peeing down with rain, (Those italian rust mights will be itching to get hold of my car if she gets to wet)

Regards Phil

sharpe you wimp! you sound like a jag owner!

Membership Number: yes

Hello Stigey

Are you going the weekend ? if so i will get you to keep the umbrella over my car

Regards Phil

P.S IT IS MUCH BETTER TO OWN THE STRADA THAN A JAG AS THAY ARE TO BIG AND HEAVEY A BIT LIKE A 130

Does anyone know what time this opens? I've looked on the Auto Italia & Stanford Hall websites but can't see anything!! Maybe it says in the paper copy of Auto Italia if anyone has one???

Thanks, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

See what you mean now gavin, ill aim to be there for 9ish........hopefully in the 500 - fingers crossed !!!

Well i was supose to set out about 8 ish but after waking to torrential rain which was going to follow me all the way north, sadly i gave it a miss an other show given me the slip.. the staid fast ff guys braved the rain and from their photo's probuley the biggest stand, all huddle round the gazebo and the bbq, and the rest of the field looked very sparten
jay

Well, me, gavin and steve denning made it I even braved it in the 500, who battled through the torrential rain at 7am this morning, I figured it WAS worth going as it shows a club presence, and what else is there to do on a rainy sunday - better stand in the rain at a show than stare at a tv all day !!
As it happened it was a good turnout on fiat forums' behalf and the weather ended up being, well,........sunny !
I did have a rather odd incident on the way home in the bambino; about 5 miles from home my exhaust bracket decided to detatch and eject from the car, and the stud that holds the bracket came out of the engine block and it was losing oil through the 8mm hole that was left, so a quick call to my 'household cavalry' a quick rescue plan was put in to order with Wayne in his huge chevy pickup truck.
He towed me faster than i'd driven all day - with the needle on the speedo going nearly off the clock !! Must have looked quite funny, I couldnt actually see around or over the truck, so there was rather a lot of guess work involved, hohum, the 500 is back in the garage.
Another top day, a good turnout at the show though fiat motor clubbers were rather conspicuous in their absence

why didn`t you put the 500 on the truck?

Membership Number: yes

Hello

Sorry Jeni and Gavin

I got up at 6.00 and went down the rain was pooring down i no i am a wimp but i could not get the strada out in all that rain

it sounds like you had a great day sorry again

Phil

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos