FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TV Car Shows bbc2

1. "The Car Show", presented by Murray Walker . This programme should have been "aired" on Sunday night (3/5/09) but was cancelled due to the extended snooker coverage, so look out for it in very near future , presumably on the same channel . It explores how cars have been represented in TV advertising and TV car shows throughout the years. (You may find some Fiat ads.) You may know Murray was in Advertising many years ago, and was part of the agency which was famous for the ad. slogan,"A Mars a Day Helps you Work, Rest and Play". With his experience in that field might be an interesting "watch". Apparently, previously shown on BBC4.

2. "Britain s' Best Drives.= Friday, 8th. May , BBC2 10.00 pm. Introduced by Richard Wilson, exploring Vintage Motoring routes in the UK. This is part 1 of 6 programmes. Again previously shown on BBC4.

Membership Number: 10962

Re: TV Car Shows bbc2

Both of those are well worth a watch Martin

Discovery Real Time (Sky 240) started a new series of Wheeler Dealers last night, where they take a classic, do it up a bit and flog it on. Last night was a Spitfire 1500, I think next week is a Porsche 944

Quite a good programme, reminding me of an England of times past with characterful roads and not the commuting monstrosity its become. Will watch the 5 future parts each Friday 10.00pm, different car, different place.

On Friday night, 15/05/09, at 10pm. Richard Wilson is touring Wales in an old Ford Zodiac.

The Car Show programme, postponed from 3/05/09, due to extented snooker coverage, is now being shown on Sunday, 17/05/09. This is the programme on history of car advertising, featuring Murray Walker.

Martin Clapton
On Friday night, 15/05/09, at 10pm. Richard Wilson is touring Wales in an old Ford Zodiac.

The Car Show programme, postponed from 3/05/09, due to extented snooker coverage, is now being shown on Sunday, 17/05/09. This is the programme on history of car advertising, featuring Murray Walker.

Watched the Richard Wilson one. Nice to see the Llanberis pass again. One of my favourite roads.

Membership Number: 7109

Pah! That's an hour of my life I'd like back please! Started promisingly then turned into an extended plug for Top Gear.

I'll second you on that one , Uncle Mound!! I was hoping for so much more , showing interesting facts of car advertising etc; Or even how the current media has effected car purchase- not for the better I must add! At least they concluded that Top Gear was no longer a car programme, admittedly stating the obvious!!! Come back Noel Edmonds and Angela Rippon-- all is forgiven

The Richard Wilson programme on Friday nights, however, I find very interesting. Thought I may have driven on that Welsh pass myself, although I would not been able to name it. Picked up a speeding fine near there, 2006, courtesy of the North Wales Gatso squad

Llanberis is the valley that runs alongside Snowdon. You catch the little choo choo there to go up the mountain.

I have been on the choo-choo in the last few years as well great views. went in my rufty-tufty (rolled on it`s side again! panda, although i went in a hyundai coupe last year,

Membership Number: yes

****, missed it tonight as bbc2 showed the episode earlier at 7pm due to programme re-schedule. Apparently, set in Cornwall. ( in hope it may be repeated later......)

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos