FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classic Panda's at the drag racing......

Taken from fiat forum............

A couple of us Midlanders have been talking about doing some 1/4 mile runs to amuse ourselves, even if it amuses no-one else. There is a run-what-you-brung day on 13th June that we can all meet up at and run our cars.

There is no safety equipment required to run. You will need your driving license, MOT and insurance certificate. More details of rules and procedure in the website link.

The track is a proper strip that they glue, so weather plays a vital role in a successful day. If it is raining when you wake up and it is forecast to continue, then it probably isn't worth going!

I know Pandamonius Maximus, Panda Van and myself lewey will be going, but thought this would help to formalise things for anyone on the fence as to whether to pop along. There are no formal arrangements for meeting up and no food and drink will be laid on, etc.

There may be a boobie prize for anyone unable to beat the 20 second barrier!

Prices: £12 entry, £20 extra to run as many times as you like.

I'll be photographing there, so if anyone wants pics of their car pounding the strip, be there or be square !!!

Membership Number: 11782

Re: Classic Panda's at the drag racing......

great idea jenni,would you need a crash helmet?which venue is this being held at? 20 secs to do the quarter mile?

Membership Number: yes

so what are you going to use stiggy the 130 or the panda

ahh! drag racing a 130! I think neil and franco would be after me!!!!! could i see how long it takes to roll the panda down the strip? unlike the cretins who did it out side my home?

No crash helmet required, just a driving licence, car and the ability to drive in a straight line ! !

O dear that rules stiggy out

Membership Number: 11998

julian
O dear that rules stiggy out

just you wait matey! I managed to stay in a straightish line when a gave a smug ferrari owner a fright when i cought him up with-in 100yds of leaving the lights in my 1*0. could i use the armco to guide me up the track? in the panda of course!

only pulling your leg ,forgot you gave that car a scare he prob thought you were in a ferrari 400i ,later copy of a 130 !

How did it go Jeni? Quite fancied being the slowest Panda there but was busy yesterday.

Any pics???

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Pictures coming sooooooooooooooooon !!!! Top day !!

Pictures of the day up on my website

http://www.jenilong.fotopic.net/

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos