FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strada130TC`s

Hi, i`ve got 3 Stradas at my place and have been wondering recently on how to indentify the correct versions...130 against 105 Series 2.
2 of them are 100% Abarths but the 3rd is puzzling me...Is it an Abarth or is it as it states on the logbook and rear badge, a 105tc S2...? How do i tell..? I`ve asked the local Fiat dealer who said that their records won`t go that far back..
I`ve got the VIN as : ZFA138A00-04770708 stamped on the turret..
I thought the Abarth versions had a different VIN prefix..?
The other ones also start with the ZFA138A00.......
Can some one explain this please..?
It`s got all the correct 130 parts in it, and was told when i collected it that it was a 105TC with 130TC running gear and interior...it says 105TC on the log book but can`t they be changed..?
Help.........Of the three this one takes my fancy more, because its the gunmetal one and it also has electric windows fitted. The others are both black...
Many thanks

Membership Number: somewhere

Re: Strada130TC`s

Technically the logbook cannot be changed (Unless there have been 'dubious' happenings). So if there is no evidence of tampering and the vin numbers match then I would guess it was originally a 105 series 2.

Hello

Is the carb on the 105 a single or has the car got twin 40s on it ?

If it has a singel carb then it will be a 105tc 1600cc if it is on twin 40s it is poss 2000cc 130tc

the 138 part of the chassis will allways been the same as this is the model code for stradas

There are other ways to tell which model it is i,e age and trim ect

Hope this helps Phil

Thanks for the info guys... I guess if it is a `proper` 105TC then it`ll have to be returned to that spec..
Then again, a clean 105TC which looks like a 130 isn`t the end of the world is it...?
How many S2 105`s are there actually on the road now anyway..Everyone hankers after the big brother and the poor `ol lesser gets looked over...
Now i`m torn between the urge that the 130 gives and the scarcity of the 105..Saying that though, i guess either model seen back on the road and being used is a rare and wonderful site....Then again so would seeing the MK1 105TC that i`ve also got...
LONG LIVE ZFA138`s................!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Markie

I have 2 Stradas myself one is a E Reg strada 130tc and the other is a A Reg 105 tc

You seem to have a nice range of cars. How long have you had them? and are thay all on the road? It would be great to see tham.

Regards Phil

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos