FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scrappage and the old Panda

I wonder how often this dilemma will arise now we're into car scrappage.

The guy has a mint Panda Sisley on ebay. He's up for a new car and wants £2000 for his Sisley, which it may be worth. Course if nobody buys it he gets £2000 scrappage and it gets destroyed.

Almost tempted to take his Sisley and let him px against my 1 year old 500 Sport!

Re: Scrappage and the old Panda

I THINK THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT PEOPLE THINK WE WILL PAY OVER THE ODDS TO SAVE A CAR THAT IS BEING TRADED IN , WILL THIS MAN GIVE THE DEALER THE £2000? NO! THE GOVERMENT GIVE A £1000, AND THE DEALER GIVES A £1000 OFF, AND IF YOU GO IN WITH NO TRADE-IN, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL GET A GOOD DISCOUNT ANYWAY,........WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE MONEY SET ASIDE FOR THIS CALAMITY RUNS OUT? AS SEEN IN CLASSIC CAR WEEKLY, SOME DEALERS ARE TRYING TO SELL THEM ON TO SAVE THEM( WITH A GUARDED "GOOD ON THEM")

Membership Number: yes

The Ebay number is 200350276628

The Panda used to belong to Club member Chris Fairbank, and in his ownership was certainly one of the best there is.

A sad situation if it ends up being shredded.

Neil

Membership Number: 9481

Surely this is a sales gimic!! The Panda looks great and is probably worth good money. If it sells for say £1800 and the bloke goes into a dealer with cash he'll get more than £200 on nearly any car............ Including a stock 500! No Fiat fan would ever chop a good Sisley in for a few quid - I hope................

Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

You're all think along the same lines as me. I've missed my Panda 4x4 since I got rid in 1997. £2000 is a lot for a Sisley but it's a peach by the looks.

However, I would probably regret getting rid of the 500 Sport. Never have I had a car that has iriritated so many motorway reps in diesel Vectras etc - they take personal umbridge at being passed by this yellow lovely.

Now - if only FIAT could explain the awful turning-circle on the 1.4 500s.........frustrating when your other car's a Seicento.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos