FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MITCAR 16th August 2009

MITCAR 2009 will be on SUNDAY 16th AUGUST at BURGHLEY HOUSE,nr STAMFORD (Burghley House,Stamford, Lincs, PE9 3JY)

MITCAR is the annual Midlands event for owners of Italian cars, whether modern or classic. Held on a Sunday in late Summer, the venue is always a park in the Midlands region, suitable for picnics, car display and with interesting features for visitors.

Fiat Motor club will be having a stand there - so, whos coming ??? (im guessing no one from the midlands !!)

See You there

Membership Number: 11782

Re: MITCAR 16th August 2009

Press Release direct from the horses moth emailed to me today :

The ninth Midlands Italian Car Day is being held in the east of the region this year. Burghley House in south Lincolnshire needs little introduction; the largest and grandest house of the first Elizabethan era and home today of the famous Horse Trials.

On Sunday 16th August we will have exclusive use of a large parking area in the deer park, itself quite close to the magnificent buildings and the site facilities.

MITCAR will open at 10.30am and stewards will be on hand to park the cars by marque. The entrance fee will be a modest £5 per Italian Car and this will entitle everyone to optional entrance to the house and Gardens of Surprise at half price! [Normal entrance price is £11.30 for adults, £5.60 Children 5-15 years, Concessions £9.90, Family (2 adults and 2 children) £29.00.]

As always visitors in any Italian car will be welcome and we can expect both classics and modern. There were over 230 cars present at Holdenby House in Northamptonshire last year and we look forward to beating this total. There will again be a competition for ‘Car of the Day’ (The Camshaft Trophy and Cup), and ‘popular vote’ cups for various categories by marque. The Brava/Bravo Organisation (BOO) will also be again awarding a cup.

The competitive element is always light-hearted at MITCAR, and sometimes the unusual and off-beat is rewarded, which might not be the case in a conventional Concours. It all adds to the fun! Prize giving will be at 3pm and, as has become the convention, all those who filled in voting papers will be entered in a prize draw.

Dealership displays are expected for Alfa Romeo and Fiat, and some other trade stands will be present.

Burghley’s beautiful Orangery Restaurant will be open all day offering a terrific range of foods from light-bites and salads to hot savouries. Many will want to picnic however this year barbecues are not permitted. Dogs are allowed if on a leash.

More details can be found on the websites www.mitcar.co.uk and www.burghley.co.uk

Organiser Contacts;
Bryan Alexander: 0115 9283636 and mitcar@icuknet.co.uk
John Griffiths: 07798 580002 and aroccemids@tiscali.co.uk

MITCAR is driven by the Central & East Midlands Section of the Alfa Romeo Owners’ Club.

B-O-I-N-G !!

Come on folks - whos going, dont tell be I havent got to bother taking the pesky club flagpole !!

Hi Jeni,

I will try to make it. I understand last year's show was unusually poor - it was the first one I'd been to and was v disappointed as some midlanders had told me how good it was..........

It's quite a drag for me, so a bit of encouragement about the event and the FMC attendance ( ) would help greatly!!

Cheers, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

We'll be there hopefully with a finally road worthy Argenta!! I thought that last year was OK, some especially fine cars won prizes (luckily no-one looked too closely)!!

Membership Number: 5328

BUMP - This event is getting closer..............................

Went right past it today on the way home from our hols
,right off the a1 just north peterbough , stamford is a lovly stone town with stone bridge in the lovly county of rutland.....
jason

Membership Number: 0985

Stamford is in Lincolnshire. Nice car by the way, I like them thar 131s

John Banks
Stamford is in Lincolnshire. Nice car by the way, I like them thar 131s

rutland dissolved in lincs but still the odd sign post remains..locals still think of it that way

Jeni Long
B-O-I-N-G !!

Come on folks - whos going, dont tell be I havent got to bother taking the pesky club flagpole !!

if you take the flag pole, you could fix it to the back of your panda and look like a remote controled car!
sadly or happily (depending on your point of view) I am on call out duty so won`t be able to go

Membership Number: yes, I`m back!

jeni, i'll try and get there all the way from the essex countryside

great show beuuutiful day ,jeni was under the flag pole
and carn't see her (any more pics jeni)

didn't win any cup ,even james this year but at least he was in the fiat 132 with the new familly member.

jason

Hello all, thatnks to all who made the effort to come to Mitcar, it was a bloomin' long way for alot of people !
It was a great show in a perfect setting and the sun shone all day
Anyway, pictures hopefully can be seen on my facebook page, this is the link :

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=135367&id=544202958&l=6e5ae36e95

If that doesnt work - let me know

Membership Number: 117826767478478457878845848

Fantastic pictures Jeni, if I'd known there was a 132 there I'd have gone just to see it! Stunning car that

It was a great day and good to catch up with eveyone. Shame I couldn't bring the Argenta though - it's still in pieces I'm afraid. I'm pleased to say that Andrew is taking after his Dad in his taste in cars!

Membership Number: 5328

What's wrong with the Argenta then James?

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos