FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
127 front calipers

Hi,can any one tell me where I can get a pair of front pistons or even refurb kits or just the seals,I am also looking for a pair of rear brake backing plates,many thanks

Re: 127 front calipers

Years ago I took a pair of calipers off a Panda in a scrapyard for a 127. They went straight on. You'll probably find the same applies with the rear backing plates/drums/shoes etc.

I know my 125 shares front discs and pads with the 124, 127, Panda,Uno...

The 124 and 125 calipers are aluminium, can't remember if the 127 ones were but the Uno and Panda ones are steel. Doesn't matter really so long as you fit pairs.

Membership Number: 7109

Panda and Uno same rear brakes and Panda Discs.
Theres usually a few on Ebay going cheap

And to think I threw a lot out! Strewth!!

Membership Number: I keep meaning to send off that form.........

Your e-mail address does not work by the way but I have got a brand new pair , not refurbished , Fiat Panda calipers that I bought for a project but went for other calipers instead so they are up for grabs.

For your info :
Early rype 127's had steel supported front calipers while later cars all came with full aluminium ones.
I find that the later 1301cc type of rear backplate is better than earlier 1050's as they are made of one thick part of steel as opposed to the earlier ones made out of two parts and prone to rust. Either type will fit. They also fit some of the early ritmos, owning a mk1 105 , I found out that 1301cc 127's share exactly the same hardware except for the front discs as the ritmos are larger in diametre.

regards

Jeff

Membership Number: unknown!

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos