FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
130 coupe mot

The car is a import lnd ,I think ive done all the work required for the mot but not sure on the side lights,indicators on the front bumper it uses a twin filament bulb coloured orange so the side lights are orange then flashes bright orange with the indicator,the car has been in the uk since 2005 and has the previous mot's in london where i bought it so has passed before,UK docs shows its built 1969 G reg may not be a mot requirement with that year,. so do i send it in for a mot or fit a proper side light first.do you think i need to change it ,any help

Membership Number: 11998

Re: 130 coupe mot

i think it`s the same problem that american cars had, where the side light had to be separate to the indicator, white lights were only valid to 1965, seeing as it`s got a mot, show it to the tester,

Membership Number: yes, soon

Thanks so 1965 was the cut off ,looks like it should have been changed day one in 2005,il call into my mot guy monday for a chat easy job spliting it and fitting a side light if he is not happy il let you know the outcome

I though i had solved the problem ,i have the UK side/indicator units that is split wht/orange but they are about a inch larger than the clear unit that are fitted and would require cutting the bumper,dont want to do that nice to keep it original

julian
I though i had solved the problem ,i have the UK side/indicator units that is split wht/orange but they are about a inch larger than the clear unit that are fitted and would require cutting the bumper,dont want to do that nice to keep it original

oh bother! just when you think it could be stright forward! have a front bumper with lights/indicator units in my hallway (like you do!)

Membership Number: yes, I`m back!

yes i have one a uk bumper with nice crome but saveing it for the blue coupe

Passed its mot today,no comment on the side/indicator lights now insured taxed tommorow

yipee! another 130 back on the road! free road tax! will keep an eye out for you if you are driving down the promenade today u might be in the background if northwest news is filming

Membership Number: yes

I gave the 130 a 20 mile run today all seems fine,drives well, good oil pressure ,water temp spot on,little bit of fine tuning,set tappets ,exhaust catching somewhere etc nothing major,pleased how well it drives,quite a powerfull car for what it is ,recommend this model if anyone fancys one,fantastic car for something thats over 35 years old,drives as well as a car built in the 80's early 90's

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos