FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
classic and sports car show, tatton park, cheshire,22nd/23 august,

this show is on for 2 days I will be there on sunday showing the 130, there could be 2 there,details from cheshire auto promotions on;01565 723863, or www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk

Membership Number: yes, I`m back!

Re: classic and sports car show, tatton park, cheshire,22nd/23 august,

yes i know lets hope the mot fella is kind ,then thay will be 2 !

Membership Number: 11998

Hi Stigy, Yes I will be there, putting in an entry now for the 124 special T. Have you entred as the club or individual.

Membership Number: 10149

hi dave, have enterd as a individual, will be near the entrance, great if you come, ahh! 124 st wings! last ones in the country!(err, no they are not!)

Membership Number: yes

Entries are full so no room for me. Will have to make other arrangements to see you. Thanks for the pictures.

Dave

Membership Number: 10149

aww! boo-hiss! would have been fun to see you there

4 days to go! have a replacement bonnet sound deadener panel to look better when i lift the bonnet,

met up with julian greenhalgh and his dad from blackpool, sailed into tatton park in convoy, and parked up, cloudy most of the day, well attended, met various people, carlo caccamo,from crewe,sodos, a former knibbs service manager for fiat. had some photos taken for a show report for some car magazines (fame!) most peoples comments ranged from "what model name is it?" to" ooo`a130, not seen one for years and,2 turn up!" "very nice cars", so, a good day out for me,val,julian and eric, putting name down for next year, will be hoping for a club stand,

Membership Number: yes,

I was verry suprised with the interest we recieved,chatted to a x19 owner parked near by,nice car 28k one owner car,knew the 130 but didnt expect to see one !,with the amount of people there i didnt talk to any fmc member and i did ask,this rearly is a midland/southern club,lets see if we can show some cars at a fue shows next year to generate some interest.

Membership Number: 11998

Any pics of your day

Membership Number: 0985

Photobucket

thanks for the pictures julian, very nice, the unusual thing about julian`s car is it is L/H/D and automatic,

Nice to see 2 130 coupes. a 130 saloon would be better though!

Dave
Nice to see 2 130 coupes. a 130 saloon would be better though!

it would indeed be nice to see a 130 saloon. That would make the set up, how far is your saloon from being street legal dave? nice turn out of show goers, julian is looking for a show to go to in the lancashire area, any one know of forcominig show? may join him!

Currently my 130 is under restoration. Turned out to be much more rotten than I thought and previously filled wih fibreglass and filler!

I wonder who did the filler and fibreglass? which panels are you looking out for? where is the car rotten?

Nice pics. Unusual reg. on the silver 130 , being a "G" 1969 as the coupe did not reach market til around 1971 time, and RHD imports to the UK around 1972.

I have pics/ road test articles with one of the original press cars , reg; LUV246K ..... cracking registration for a Dino, whether Ferrari or Fiat!!

Membership Number: 10962

silver 130 is 100% a early 1972 i have the italian docs,when arrived into the uk was given a K reg then the owner wrote to FMC to get the build date to get the historic road tax and it came back as a 1969 so dvla re reg it onto a G .....,seen this before with a blue coupe listed on ebay last year.As they are built on saloon floor pans the early one's may have used some that fiat had in stock from 69 ?,

this car has a `g`reg because the floorpan is a low chassis no. that started out as a saloon floor pan and sent to pininfarina in readyness for production to begin, as acording to fiat records,and was first registered in bolonga, Italy in 1972, I have seen that road test, like you say marty, good reg for a ferrari.

the stig
I wonder who did the filler and fibreglass? which panels are you looking out for? where is the car rotten?

Well, the bootlid was rotten and fibreglassed (now repaired with metal), the front and rear screen surrounds (now repaired), the bulkhead and inner wing on the passenger side (now repaired). The passenger door was also filled with fibreglass and filler (now nearly repaired) I should think the other three doors will be the same when I get them stripped. Oh and the passenger side front wing is also rotten and filled with filler. (The drivers side looks better). Could also do with some decent door seals as they look unique to the 130 saloon and half of them are missing!

There is a build thread over on

www.retrorides.proboards.com

(In the readers rides section.)

dave looks like your well on with the job,try www.woolies-trim.co.uk.send a sample of the door seal and they will match it up,as for the front wing you may have to twist stigs arm and make him a offer !,

you have indeed a resto to keep you going!dave, best wishes, as for the wing! twist my arm? lol, or a fall,submission,or a knockout,oops thinking of "world of sport" wresting,
just rememberd, the drivers side was a used wing when it was put on, I think the front valance at that end may need looking at. from the days when martin bu*k*ey owned the car!

Julian, was the coupe in the picture the one you got a new interior for? Which one did you get? Have you any pics?

Stiggy, drop me an email at the address below, seem to have lost yours!

dave if you need any interior parts i have full dash ,clocks,centre console,indicator/wiper swichgear,stearing wheel other stuff i have wont fit are for a coupe,

julian, fone me. my blackberry gone duff, your no not on sim card,

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos