FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kop Hill Vintage Hill Climb - 26th & 27th September

Hi folks,

Just up the road from me (literally 5 mins walk up the hill!) is Kop Hill. This is the site of one of our earliest hill climbs - dating from around 1910. It's still a good test of a car, and a good 127 driven like a maniac can reach 85 up there (apparently )

Anyway the following is from the revival website:

On Saturday, 26th and Sunday, 27thSeptember 2009.
An opportunity for Drivers, Riders and Spectators to support the revival of this exciting and historic Hill Climb, at the same time as raising money for worthy local charities.

•Kop Hill near Princes Risborough Buckinghamshire, was a speed hill climb for motorcycles and motorcars between 1910 and 1925. This testing Climb is just over 1000 metres long and rises by 100 metres. It is at its steepest just before the summit at 1 in 4.
•For owners of vintage, veteran and classic motorcars there is the opportunity to follow in the slipstream of Malcolm Campbell in his "Bluebird", Henry Segrave in his Sunbeam, or for motorcyclists, Freddie Dixon on his Douglas.
•The event will not be a speed hill climb but rather a commemorative run to recall Kop Hill's glorious past.
•The organisers are anticipating up to 50 motorcycles and 200 motorcars each day, the majority of which will be pre-war vehicles some of which could have taken part in the early days of the run.
•Spectators will be able to see and hear the vehicles roar up the Hill and have a close up view of the vehicles in the paddock.
•Our two local race teams, Beechdean and Modena, are displaying some of their fastest machines and will give a demonstration run up the hill.
•Paddy Hopkirk is opening the 2009 Kop Hill Climb.

Does anyone fancy putting on an impromptu Fiat display on the grass outside my house on the Sunday maybe? I could probably rustle up some sort of a BBQ (the management accept no responsibility for food poisoning etc..........!!!) and the tickets to spectate at the hillclimb are only £5 in advance. Expressions of interest to me please - if you want me to buy you a ticket I will need the £5 for obvious reasons...........

Cheers, Gavin.

P.S. the photo isn't random - that's my Panda at the top of Kop Hill in the snow earlier this year - very little could get up there believe me!

Membership Number: 5260

Re: Kop Hill Vintage Hill Climb - 26th & 27th September

Photobucket

Membership Number: 5260

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos