FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camillo ALQUATI , the legendary Fiat tuning expert

I have been trying to find out any scraps of information about Camillo Alquati and his involvement in tuning / racing Fiat cars but the normal Google search does not turn much up so any ideas ?

Re: Camillo ALQUATI , the legendary Fiat tuning expert

Is that a no then ?

hi dave, tony castle-miller at middle barton garage oxon might be able to help, or ask at autoItalia magazine brian

Membership Number: yes,

Please pardon my intrusion but from what I gather Camillo Alquati has pased away,probably about a couple of years ago. Sorry no more tuning parts from Alquati are currently being produced. If you need such parts you need to contact Gozzoli. try "gozzoli.it " through Google and enjoy!

regards

Jeff

Hi , Thank you for the replies. I did contact AutoItalia & Middle Barton earlier this year but it did not turn up much information. I was not looking for parts as I had aquired a 795ccs , 2 cylinder aircooled engine. Based on the 126 crankcase , it was prepared at some cost approximately 30 years ago by a company called Italtune who I am told were based in North London for a guy who raced cars & motorbikes around Europe. I am told that the conversion used Alquati parts with the name being present on the sump and the inlet manifold for a twin choke Weber 30 DIC. I am hoping to recommission the engine sometime next year. In the meantime I was hoping that there might have been some information about Alquati in a book , magazine or whatever as there seems to be virtualy nothing on the internet.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos