FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 130 leader speaks,

neil clark is having work done on his 2.8 130 saloon, found the camshalf was worn down on one lobe, looks on ebay holland,
gets a 2.8 camshalf, then finds the valve is bent, speaks to "you know who" 1hr later a set of 6 in the post from Italy, what adevotee! he had new core plugs put in after cleaning out the block, even had the sump off, minor sludge in there! must have had regular oil changes in past ownership, he`s even having new wheel bearings put in the hubs,( a aukward job if ever there was one!) on the front, we are not worthy!
any one know of a useable auto gearbox and torque converter for a 3.2? non member asking,

Membership Number: yes,

Re: The 130 leader speaks,

There was a 130 autobox for sale recently. Think it was on ebay. It didn't sell....

I scrapped a autobox a fue months ago as i had two to make space,it allways happens you carnt keep everything and you end up having it for ages then its required shame, i may keep the one i have just incase i have a problem but a have a couple of torque converters spare if any use.

Membership Number: yes

dave, tell me more about the auto box, do you have the item no please

No item number I'm afraid but you might find it if you search completed listings. I think I have also seen one (could be the same one) on another website. I will see if I can find it for you.

Found one advertised on the web. Don't know its condition but it is £100

Tel: 01432 860608.

Incidentally there was one in the silver coupe in the breakers in Haydock but I rang them today and it's gone.....

thanks for the info dave.

work started today (sat) on the black 130, ouh (ouch?) on freeing off the binding brakes on the back,pumped the piston out on the passenger side so far, clean the piston, but still stiff, pumped it out more, clamped the pipe, then took the caliper off, turned the piston out, then, took the seal out and clean up the inside, put brake fluid on the piston and screwed the piston back, now easy,freed off the bleed nipple with my blow torch, ready for tomorrow, will carry on with the driver side sunday, needs new pads as well, worn down more on 1 pad than the other, had a set near my settee in a box with 2 other sets, then bleed brakes off, job done, after this, corodsion holes in a few places,then.... a mot test!

Membership Number: oh yes!

sunday, it`s snowing and brrrrr cold, any way, put the n/s caliper back on with new pads, moved the car over, cleaned the piston and bore, put relacement dust seals on,then new pads,tried one man bleeding, with tube, not sure it worked so, asked my daughters to help, job done! next up, hole repairs as per fail sheet,

saturday's fine stiggy ,spoke to graham,drop your coupe off at my house,you never know you may have a mot doc next week ! ,well if your 130 will drive to blackpool ! ,just kidding

ooooo` you b*t*ch of course it will get there! (might not get back!) even st.christoper has his hands over his eyes will have to get your adward ready,

no prob stiggy,i do have a tow rope if required ,looking forward 2 seeing you on saturday i may even treat you to lunch in the local pub

made it to blackpool ok, the man who is doing the body repairs looked at the coupe, said ok, didn`t run away screaming like the last young lad did,
my new mot could be here soon! yippee!

work is in progress on the coupe,the MOT station have knocked back old welding i.e, tacked on,instead of seam welded,i think that it is old work done many years ago that shouldn`t have been picked up on, think they are OVER keen! neil clark`s saloon(2.8) is having the calipers overhauled, parts are to hand (wow!) new wheel bearings,pads,getting there!

and to add insult to injury, someone wrote the word "scrapper" at the bottom of the mot fail sheet,(garage man who`s doing the repairs not sure wrote that! ) cheeky b*st*rds! suffice to say "I`ll be back" in blackpool on saturday! beware of the black fiat! in the south shore area!!!

unfortunately the mot examiner wrote that ,

That doesn't sound very professional!! I wonder what the DOT would have to say about one of their testers writing that on - think I would be tempted to complain if they wrote it on one of mine......

Membership Number: 5260

i will find out on saturday,when i see the sheet myself, poking fun is one thing, but, comments like this on the sheet is another, they may get a visit!!!

well i thought it was funny even mot testers have a sence of humer ,

yes they do have a sense of humour, the station near me enjoy my visits,gives them some entertainment! "scrap it" buy a decent car (jag, ugh!), "this must be the oldest fiat in Eccles?" no, I own a 37 fiat! " oh god!" anyway, back to them lot in blackpool, I have a big bag of quick drying cement, and the sea is near by so, jobs a good one!
oh! .........I see the 130 from warrington, cheshire, is back on ebay,mmm tempting,£500 start!

good value for £500,for someone who fancys there first 130 coupe, will mot without a problem as its been on the road last year,good buy

yes, could bring another car back to life,
went to blackpool again this week, to see the work needed, oh dear!!!
but graham and his team are doing well, even took some calipers with me, good to see julian and have a drive around in his 130,nice!

stiggy think i have worked out that problem i thought was the power stearing,eventhough i have replaced the pump and it still has the same noise when i turn the wheel,i gave it a run out today and when i touch the brakes it goes away,weird just sounds like the power stearing is out of oil !,looks like all the calipers are coming of next weekend

well done julian on finding the cause, next sunday is mothering sunday, so you won`t be working that day,

may put the coupe into the local fiat main dealer,they did a good job with checking the cams etc,think il have them look at the calipers,just want it right for peice of mind,talking to graham siiggy your calipers (rear) wasnt 100%

Membership Number: 11998

you`re sending the coupe into the dealers again? O-M-G! taking them off is straight forward (he says!) guess it is what you find that could be fun!...
mind you, what graham found when he took the n/s rear wheel off was VERY interesting!!!!

Re: The 130 leader speaks,mot pass!

the coupe now has a mot pass! many thanks to graham at the garage for doing the work, to julian, chief slave driver, neil clark, for his many comments and is now in shock at the thought of the registrar having a 130 on the road, but i have a to-do list........

Membership Number: oh yes,

Re: The 130 leader speaks,shock horror!

now taxed! couldn`t wait 2 1/2 weeks, so back taxed it, street legal! a second year that the leader has a 130 on the road, fellow members can`t believe it,

did you have to pay to tax your coupe stiggy ?,oh ye forgot yours is a post 1972

Membership Number: 11998

you know how to rub it in greenhalgh! .......any way, the mot test sheet had jan 1971 typed as the date of manufacture so.......... might be worth looking at,

many thanks to julian tonight, picked me up on his way back home so i could drive the 130 home from blackpool,which went ok,need some brighter bulbs now, many thanks to graham at south shore motors for the repairs needed, if you need welding/plating/fabrication work doing to help your pride and joy live another day fone, 01253761811

hi julian. has the package turned up? any joy with the brakes ?

thought the 130 was running odd, ie, on 5 cylinders, did a check of the points(2 sets) then the plugs, no.6 plug wet, and carbon around the electrode, put new plugs in, and........runs good, give it a blast down the M60, ok now, put some oil in then it started raining! oh bliss!
anyway, going out in the 130 today .....nice, trafford centre, blakemere forest, cheshire, then northwich, cheshire, ........i`m sure there`s somthing wrong with this fuel gauge!.......

Re: The 130 leader speaks!

ran around in the 130 all last weekend, done about 170 miles put £40.00 in on friday, then £ 25.00 on sunday night, used it monday, then thurs/friday/sat night for a few miles ride around, red light (gallon left) came on, so put £10.00 in, even was driving slow past Italian resturants! (sad or what?) think i have done more miles in this car than neil clark use to do in a year! and.....there`s still the `to do' list!

julian
good value for £500,for someone who fancys there first 130 coupe, will mot without a problem as its been on the road last year,good buy

you remember the red one? the one being sold as a b*ng*r racer? and the aubergine one? well! they won`t be racing! some body snacthers have got them!

changed the the fan on the raditator for a original one, the fan that was on was a blower type, ie. in front of the rad not behind, as a certain Italian in hampshire fitted it, (must get him a english phrase book!) the alernator has been bothering me for some time, the guage has been showing in the red as over charging,took it off, looks like another botch up,as 2 wires to one terminal? oh dear! my pal is checking it out at his place of work, they recon alternators and starters

working on the 130 coupe, will it run on 6 ? we`ll see in a while,

the coupe runs!!! ouch is back on the road! fitted 2 sets of points,and running! In april, took 2 alternators to my pal`s works, the one fitted to my car works ok, but is from the later 130 where the regulator is built-in, the other was duff! so they rebuilt it! mind you i do have others which worked,
the regulator on the inner wing was not a fiat item, so took the proper one off my spares car, got the wires wrong at first ,but now have a charge gauge that works! the oil pressure unit had a cable soldered on and then filled up with araldite, put back on, and.....works!!! now have a full set of gauges that work! (for now )

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos