FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEC Classic Car Show

Don't forget to come along to visit the Club stand at the NEC next weekend (13th - 15th November).

Should be a good selection of cars (probably a Smith Special, 600 Multipla, 125, 132, 127 Sport, and Strada 130 Abarth), and it's always good to see members up there. It does make all the difference - if you want to bring doughnuts, sweets, beer, etc, you'll get an even warmer welcome!!

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

which hall is the FMC(gb) stand in? the "door handle tester" of old manchester town will be going!

Membership Number: yes,

According to the NEC website our stand number is 4C48 - I assume that means it's hall 4??!

Are you staying for the weekend Stiggy?

Cheers, Gavin.

alas gavin, I will not be there all weekend this time, on tues day (3rd nov) was offered some weekend work for this month, may make sunday, plus i need to get funds together to pay for repairs to the 130 chassis, must sell off my hoard of panels/trim/etc. for various fiats, found a 500 inner front wheel arch for example,

Membership Number: yes

Hi neil ,brian,looks like il be there sunday,looking forward to seeing you siggy showing me how to test door handles properly

I'll be there sunday and possibly saturday but not sure yet Dont forget to bring all your panda spares Mr.Stigant - i might know a buyer !!

Membership Number: 1178.59

Hey Stiggy, door handle testing on the Smith Special could be a challenge for you.
Steve.

Membership Number: 6610

now what panda parts could i bring? mk 1 door A post? mk1 door p/s? plus a door skin p/s? oh! the list is endless! or end up with a very full panda! bring a wedge of dosh! ring me, as i have changed fones(again! only lasted 2 weeks!) so ur no has gone boo-hoo! jenni is our leader! (all bow!) oh! by the way that inner wing i have, n/s front for a 126 not 500. and.......127 trim, seats brown, blue, bonnet mk1 very used, door d/s, used,new wings! early i think! strada doors early/later, for the 5 door type, know of a 2 door d/s new in primer, (ahh! last one in the country!)

Brian, sorry i missed your call im working somewhere where i cant use my phone - grrr ! Im not really interested in mk1 stuff, its more the mark2 id find more usefull - have you got a windscreen amongst it ??

Membership Number: 11783.83

What mk2 127 bits have you got Stiggy? Can you send me photos of the trim etc and I'll let you know if it's anything I need - possibly for my new project...................

Hope to see you there Jeni

Gavin.

hi gavin, pictures of the trim? mouldings? ahh!
jenni, have mk2 goodies, but, front screen? need one my self, just not pursued one yet. call me, my fone is on all the time. doesn`t look like i will be at the N.E.C. this year! places to go, things to do, but i can`t win them all!

Is it true you can't go back to the NEC Stiggy? This is from their wanted (dead or alive) section..........

looks like I`ve been rumbled! would have to come in the boot of car on set up day, oh well! there`s allways next year!

Shame if you can't make it - the stand will be a different (some might say quieter) place without you!

you are making me feel guilty now,

The chanting of 'p---a---n----n---d---a---------l----eeee----a-d--d----e--rr" will be sorely missed (phew breath a sigh of relief!)

Membership Number: 11783.83

And here's how to find us - hall 4 ..................

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/_downloads/CMS09_Floorplan.pdf

See you all there!!

Hi Guys,

Might show myself on Sunday , haven't been to the show since 2005, so be nice for day out. Look forward to meeting up.

marty

Membership Number: 10962

Martyn, Hope to see you on Sunday then. James

Membership Number: 5328

Martin Clapton
Hi Guys,

Might show myself on Sunday , haven't been to the show since 2005, so be nice for day out. Look forward to meeting up.

marty

marty! I will be there from the future! don`t cross the time linear zone (morris marina owners club!) or you will stuck for ever! doc brown.

Membership Number: in/out

Jeni Long
The chanting of 'p---a---n----n---d---a---------l----eeee----a-d--d----e--rr" will be sorely missed (phew breath a sigh of
relief!)

jenni is our leader ahh! (all bow) panda-leee-da!
p.s. I FEEL BETTER NOW, the home say i can go out on sunday!

Good to meet everyone at the show today. Our stand proved popular due to the diverse range of the cars on show. Thanks to one and all for making me feel welcome. And thanks to Jim /Tim for the pint! The nice gesture will be returned to you next year, at Castle Coombe, no doubt!

Enjoyed the show,nice to finaly meet up with you neil, 125 i can see the time you have put in,well done,looking forward to seeing your 130 saloon next year im sure it will be turned out just a well !,
julian.

hi gavin

wont be coming to the show will be at alot in the new year .

what parts you after for the mk2 127 ?
might be able to help,
whats the new project ya got then?

ben

Membership Number: 11776

The NEC proved a great weekend, so good to see everyone :-) Heres a few pics for those who didnt make it .....

Membership Number: 11782.333333

Great photos Jeni .It was a great weekend and as you say great to see everyone.

I think Neil got the mix of cars just right with all of us talking to people for most of the weekend .It just proves what a great following our Fiats have.

Steves Smiths Special was a show stopper just watching peoples faces when thay saw it for the first time was fantastic

Thanks Phil

nice cars, like the mulipla, 125! cool, x1/9s brill! 132 good! strada? rubbish! like it`s owner! (only kidding mr blunt!) like the picture of the pop band jenni and gavin are stood next to, him with the velvet jacket looks familar?glad you had a good show, no cars were harmed in the making of this show ,while i was at the compound where my blue 130 is, i managed to break the inside door handle! (oh bother!)

Any pics of the 132 and the 127 Sport?

John Banks

Heres the 127, for some reason I never did get a pic of the 132 :-( think it because it was nesting amongst the FMC signs.

Membership Number: 11782.333333

the stig
like the picture of the pop band jenni and gavin are stood next to, him with the velvet jacket looks familar?

Meet the band,.... "Jenny and the Pace Racers"

Jenny Panda "stevie nicks" Long -- Percussion/vocals.

Marty "eric" Clapton -- Lead guitar/vocals.

Phil "abarth" Sharpe--Drums.

James 132 Nicholson-- Bass guitar

Gavin 127 Bushby-- keyboards.

Steve "Topo" Denning-- Rythum Guitar.

Amongst their hits are;

ULLYSSE in the Sky with diamonds

246 (dino) 8 Motorway

and 500 (fiat) red Balloons

Membership Number: 10962

ben
hi gavin

wont be coming to the show will be at alot in the new year .

what parts you after for the mk2 127 ?
might be able to help,
whats the new project ya got then?

ben

Hi Ben,

Nothing in particuar - Stiggy thought he had some & I wondered whether there was anything I might want!!

Just picked up a 1050CL - 1978 been off the road for 9 years (19600 miles ). Not sure how much work will be needed yet

Martin Clapton
the stig
like the picture of the pop band jenni and gavin are stood next to, him with the velvet jacket looks familar?

Meet the band,.... "Jenny and the Pace Racers"

Jenny Panda "stevie nicks" Long -- Percussion/vocals.

Marty "eric" Clapton -- Lead guitar/vocals.

Phil "abarth" Sharpe--Drums.

James 132 Nicholson-- Bass guitar

Gavin 127 Bushby-- keyboards.

Steve "Topo" Denning-- Rythum Guitar.

Amongst their hits are;

ULLYSSE in the Sky with diamonds

246 (dino) 8 Motorway

and 500 (fiat) red Balloons

Thanks to all who visited the stand & for everyone who brought a car along We seemed to have a good selection of cars and were very busy all weekend!

The band are currently 70's based (surprise! ) but shortly to move onto covers of Muse "Uno" and The Rasmus "Panda"........

Gavin.

Jeni Long
John Banks

Heres the 127, for some reason I never did get a pic of the 132 :-( think it because it was nesting amongst the FMC signs.

Wow, that's stunning! Shame on you for not getting any snaps of the 132 though

hi john

yea gavins 127 sport very nice aint it, i should have never sold it to gavin miss the car now never mind....

what colour is the 1050 127 gavin i picked up a 127 sport in orange 2 months ago from plymouth for £235.00 all orignal now in the middle of being stripped and rebuilt need welding and a respray but will be good when done,
if you need any bits i might be able to help you, have you dropped the 4 speed box back in the 127 sport yet?

Membership Number: 11776

Just to let you know pics from the show are now up on my site

www.yawningcatphotography.com

Membership Number: 11782.666

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos