FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum
General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
127 sport

I eventually got the sport on the road after about 18 months work. It was worth waiting for. All the stickers are now on the car, just waiting to get the boot spoiler and 70HP door badges fitted. There are a few small things to be done, but have you ever a restoration really finished? You will always find something no matter how small you have to sort out.

Membership Number: F12075

Re: 127 sport

Nice to see another 127 given a new lease of life!

Very nice

Membership Number: 10521 yes that is a membership number!

Thank you Rob. There are new wings, quarter panels, rear panel and bonnet fitted also a good second hand boot lid and drivers door. The passengers door was replaced at some stage because of damage. I also have to thank Gavin for the boot catch as I dropped the original one and broke it whan fitting it to the boot lid.

Hi Paul,

The car's looking great - good job!!

Have you got the 127 Sport transfers for the bonnet edges? I picked up some original (I think!) ones recently and they would be good for making a pattern if you were struggling.

Cheers, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Thanks Gavin. These photo's were taken last Saturday at a friends house, the first time it was on the road in almost 2 years. I put the rest of the transfers on the bonnet and boot on Sunday and also give a polish. I got original transfers and stripes from Italy but they sent me a roll of black stripe instead of orange. I got the stripe remade as well as a spare set of transfers. I will get a few more photos of it with everything on it soon.

very nice car. you have done a very good job mate.glad to see some one will injoy the sports fun. in the middle off restoring a orange sports. pictures and flim are on youtube, timewart.just need to move sports to spray shop. but this snow etc is stopping.work. was hoping to get finish before ally palace.injoy your sports and fun. will have a black sports for sale soon.has been restored.full engine rebuild.looking for £2,500. tax and mot.

Thanks Lea. It's great to get some nice comments on the car. It took a while to get there but it's done now. I had a look at the photos of your car and you had a lot of work on it. It's a great feeling when the paint goes but there is still a lot to do. Best of luck with it. Paul

cool celica in the second pic

hi paul yes it is nice to get comments on cars that get restored.was over the paint shop on friday 05/02/2010.the shell has been blasted back to metal, removing all the rust, and old stone chipping.young lad was starting the filling work on the sport.should be 3-4 weeks. will be posting a new film soon on the paint work side.please watch on youtube.TIMEWART.

Hi Lea, I got my car filled and into primer about this time last year. I didn't get it painted until around April just to give the filler and primer time to settle and for any sinkage to come into it. That way when the paint finally went on, very little blemishes have come into it. There are a couple of very small marks in the bonnet but that is all I can see and if you weren't shown them you probably wouldn't notice them. Maybe I am looking too close at it but the paint finish is the first thing you see with any car.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos