FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1962 Fiat 1100 Deluxe - information & specs.

I live in Toronto & winter in Calcutta and am a member of the FCCCI, Fiat Classic Car Club India. I restored my 62 Fiat 1100 "Deluxe" last year, the deluxe trim must have been imported as the Deluxe Model was not available in India. As there is no information available here on the Deluxe, I am hoping someone might have detailed info on the standard paint colours and interior materials, colours etc.

As a point of interest there seems to be NO Fiat Sales Literature available here in India as in those days there was a one to two year wait for delivery. The FCCCI doesn't even have a Fiat paint card to refer to. Another interesting thing is that there are 50,000+ Fiats and Premiers still being used as Taxis here in India, mostly in the Bombay area!

It's a great Club and can be found on India's web-site "Team-BHP' in the "Vintage & Classic Car" thread. I've started a separate thread "Fiat 1100 Deluxe - information and specs" with a few photos of my car and others.

1. Does anyone have a copy for sale of the Fiat 1100 Book that is out of print? I would love to purchase it!
2. Does anyone know where we can find detail information on Fiats standard paint colours and interior finishes for our Club reference? My restoration was done on available information at the time, but as I dig deeper, I find that the Italian Deluxe offered carpets, leather/vinyl seats plus a few other items not available in India.

My car had been owned by a Bengali Movie Star and carries a "vanity" plate WBF-1, and having seen photos of other Deluxes on the Web, I want to Restore it as accurately as possible to the Italian Model.

I have the original Italian "Owners Instruction Book" which I have scanned and would be pleased to email to anyone interested. It shows the Standard, Deluxe & Family Cars.
My email address is "jcmilne@rogers.com"

Love those Fiats!
John A. Milne

Membership Number: visitor

Re: 1962 Fiat 1100 Deluxe - information & specs.

It's me again!

I am hoping to get a copy of the book "The Fiat 1100"
1. Does anyone have a copy to sell?
2. Has anyone seen a "Fiat Paint Colour Card" for Fiats built between 1950-1965?

Waiting patiently, but being over 71, the meter is ticking!

Thanks so very much,
John

Membership Number: visitor

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos