FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st FMC Event - 11th April Stondon Transport Museum

Hi Everyone,

The opening FMC event will be on 11th April. We are planning to meet at Stondon Transport Museum (near Henlow). We visited this several years ago & thoroughly enjoyed it. The museum started from a personal collection and eventually took over the owner's garden centre! There is something for everyone and it makes a nice change from all the other clinical museums around.

More information is at http://www.transportmuseum.co.uk/index.htm

You will see that there is a full scale replica of Endeavour in the middle of the museum (well why not?) - I recall that the owner fell out with his neighbours about the museum and decided to build Endeavour to, er, pacify them!!! An unusual place & well worth a visit.

We will have a look round then find somewhere for a meal, so if anyone knows the area and can suggest a good place to eat, please let me know.

We will need some idea of numbers for both the museum and the meal, so could anyone interested post a reply please.

I hope we can make this a good turnout - give it a go & blow out the cobwebs. If it rains we won't be in a field so no excuses........

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos