FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auto Italia 1st May 2010

Hello All,

Is there to be a FMC stand at this event this year? I have taken my car before on the Fiat Forum stand but its all a bit "youth" and i've got too many doors on the car!! (2008 Bravo).

If there is a stand could I join in? Or do you prefer some more classic models on display?

Seems to be a new entrance arrangement for display cars this year, any details?

Membership Number: 12130

Re: Auto Italia 1st May 2010

Hi Steve,

You would be more than welcome to park with the Club - we happily mix old and new together at the shows!

At present no-one has worked out what the Brooklands arrangements are this year, but watch this space as we are trying to clarify it.

If anyone knows exactly what the arrangements are perhaps they could let myself, Jo, or Neil know?

Regards, Gavin.

Membership Number: 5260

Thanks for the reply Gavin. I'll look forward to being there.

Looking in the latest Auto Italia it says the official entrance is now to be through Mercedes Benz world. Access through the old brooklands road is for pre-booked display cars.
Apparently club bookings can access the site over the river bridge from MB world and the article says that cars must arrive as a group and be pre-booked.

Thats about all I can offer.

Had a look at Brooklands shop today to buy a ticket, by the time you pay the postage you save a whole £1.50 ....... woo enough for a cheese and onion sarnie from tescos ........

Membership Number: 111111.66

Just to confirm that we should have a space for Club members (Phil Ward has confirmed this). Not sure where or how big, but I'm sure we'll find out on the day if not before.

No-one has ventured a view on whether they want to arrive in convoy - any offers one way or the other?

If we want a convoy we'll need a place & time - any ideas?

Regards, Gavin.

I`m at a 3 day show at Llandudno, north wales, transport festival and victorian weekend, even chitty-chitty-bang-bang was there! plus 2 road runs,sat and sun night, brill!

Membership Number: oh yes!

I think a lot of other groups meet in the local Tesco car park and go to Brooklands in convoy from there.
But hey. I'm not saying we have to do the same as everyone else.
If we were of that persuasion we'd all be driving something mainstream?!

Think i'll aim to get to the gate before it opens as I did last year - not too much waiting about but a rather eary start

Sounds like a good plan Jeni - though I won't be thinking that when the alarm goes off!!!!

What time do the gates open - any idea?

Regards, Gavin.

Got there at about 8.15 am last year, set off from here abot 6 am ish as far as I remember - dont forget the flags and signs etc !
Will you be in the funky new car gavin ?

Whats the score with ticket pre book ? Do we have to or not ?(I dont buy auto italia as it has no panda's in it !)

Hi Jen,

As far as I can work out it gives you access via the "normal" entrance and is £1.50 cheaper (well £2 less the postage!). It's probably worth booking just to get waved in without the queues (if that's actually what happens - place your bets now!!!).

The Brooklands website says:

Beat the queues and buy your tickets for the Auto Italia Italian Car Day at Brooklands Museum in advance. This year we are expecting another great display of Italian cars (and motorbikes) including the Ferrari 458 Italia from HR Owen and Vicki Butler-Henderson will be demonstrating her Glyn Hopkin sponsored Abarth 500 Assetto Corsa on Test Hill.

There will be a fast track entry for ticket holders in Italian cars via the Campbell Entrance off Brooklands Road (B374) by the JTI Members Hill office block (Sat Nav KT13 0QN).

Think I'll book as the saving will buy half a bacon buttie

Gavin.

P.S. not sure which car yet - maybe the new beastie, then again the Palio hasn't been out since November.............

I have checked and the gates open at 8.30am. If there were several members planning to get there for that time we could meet up - is there any interest in this?

Just got my tickets today except they only put 2 of the 3 in the envelope!! Will not send another in the post but I've been assured I will be able to get in ok - watch this space & the local news for reports of marshalls being run over in case they get awkward on the day!

Gavin.

Also had my ticket this morning - woop !

Do you know of any places near by we could meet up for a convoy ? I know F Forum meet at tesco's (along with the rest of the world !) Cant think of anywhere of hand - any locals near by that can recomend ??

Membership Number: 000000.3

have ticket,will turn up at normal gate and see where we end up,once they have let all the supercars in!

Membership Number: 10921ha

That sounds like a plan Ivan - hope the attending commitee members are ready to have their pics taken for parliamo, no getting out of it and no excuses !! best smiles and hairdo's !!

Membership Number: 11782

congrats to you and gavin on your new positions,i wish you luck and will try and put my best face on for any pics.

Membership Number: 10921

Well another splendid day - Ivan you escaped having your picture taken !! Thanks to everyone who attended ! The rest of the pics are up on my website http://yawningcatphotography.com

Membership Number: 11782

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos