FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy birthday Panda's !

This week marked 30 years since the launch of the Panda at Geneva motor show in 1980 - Who can beleive 30 years !!!!!!

http://www.fiatontheweb.fiat.it/latest-update/1980-2010-happy-birthday-panda/

Membership Number: 111111.66

Re: Happy birthday Panda's !

better get the party started then?

Membership Number: oh yes!

jenni is our leader, all hail jenni!

Membership Number: oh yes,

Bloomin panda dissgraced himself yesterday, to the point where the AA had to be called

Having spent a large chunk of Tuesday fitting posh new trim bits, doind a little re-routing of sound system wiring and even treating him to a new distributer cap and rotor arm, he decided to throw a panda strop and cease to run.
It was quite funny, picture this; we were visiting somewhere that had barriers, did the panda
A. stop just before the barrier
B. stop just pass the barrier after safely passing under neath it
C.Stop right under the barrier where he could have been chumphed ?!
You guesed it, in typical panda form the engine died right under the barrier !
Luckily a small herd af men were on hand to help me push the shamed panda out of the way.
Guessing it was something to do with new bits fitted had a quick look if there was anything obvious, unfortunately had no tools with me to check for spark etc. So anyway, I thought i'd leave it for 15 mins or so incase it was flooded or anything daft (or secretly hoping by the time I got back it would have fixed itself!)
Upon returing to the car an lovely man who had parked up in his van two spaces away had decided to empty the contents of his stomach BIG TIME - it was vile, so pushed the panda off to the other side of the carpark whwere there was less smell of vomit permiating through the air
Anyway couldny see anything wrong with panda and he still wouldnt start, so had no choice but to call the breakdown number I was supplied with by PD James insurance that came free with the policy - thinking it would be some kind of con, I was mildly concerned that there would be some kind of catch after hearing a few horror stories af FREE Breakdown cover.
Called breakdown and within 25 mins an incredibly understanding AA man came to the rescue. After checking the spark from the coil to the dizzy and having a good spark and then a weak spark coming back out of the dizzy, it kind of pointed to the rotor arm, which when it was took off a hairline crack had appeared which would have shorted it out.
I didnt have the old one with me (typical) so a quick call to a local motor factors and a lift in the AA van to collect it had me back on the road in no time !
So thankyou to the lovely AA man who understood that talking to cars was fine, thanks to PD James insurance for genuine free breakdown cover, thanks to the hotel who offered coffee whos car park we were on, and thanks to mom who sat in the passenger seat for the duration - its all an adventure !!

well done to the AA, and PD james, I too is insured by him as well having a multi car policy (4 cars), I did ask at the time about the breakdown cover, seems to have come up trumps! unlike a certain broker recomended on this forum,

Membership Number: oh yes,

Jeni Long
This week marked 30 years since the launch of the Panda at Geneva motor show in 1980 - Who can beleive 30 years !!!!!!

http://www.fiatontheweb.fiat.it/latest-update/1980-2010-happy-birthday-panda/

Jeni you've just given me a bit of insperation. My little Panda is 30 in November so that will be my goal to get his restoration finished. Hope I can pull it off.

Wow, glad to inspire you ! What is the project need to know more please, panda addict here chompchompchomp !

Membership Number: 1-2-3-4-5-6

Jeni Long
Wow, glad to inspire you ! What is the project need to know more please, panda addict here chompchompchomp !

You might be sorry you asked. I appear to have accidently turned into the local Panda saviour for N.I over the last few years, having now owned 5 of them and look after 3 others including "Sylvia", a Panda I'm sure you know.

Juppy who was my pride and joy and is now off to spend the rest of his days in a museum in America.

http://maranellohouse.net/juppy.html

The MK1 that thanks to you I now have to try my best to get finished for his birthday.

http://www.maranellohouse.com/panda45.html

And the Sisley I've just bought last week after a phone call out of the blue, which I plan on restoring to as new condition if all goes to plan.

http://www.maranellohouse.com/sisley.html

See, told you you'd be sorry you asked.

Wow, fantastic website and congratulations on the rescue of so many pandas!
Cant believe Juppy is off to the states, which museum is he going to ? Im sure he'll be missed in the UK.
Love the pictures of the MK1, I have a real soft spot for the Mk1's and good luck with the resto, it'll be good to see that done.

Thank you. Despite the other cars I have, I Like yourself, seem to have developed a serious soft spot for Panda's over the years and now I try to help keep as many on the road as I can.
I put the effort into the web site in the hope it will be of use to others with the same affliction
It must be working as a couple of European Panda forums have shown great interest.
I'm really going to miss the look on people's faces when I arrived at the shows with Juppy pulling the 500 along.

http://myimages.bravenet.com/109/148/669/5/juppyxwithx500xonxtrailer.JPG

Hopefully I can do the same with the Sisley when it's finished. And I must try to get my hands on a Panda tent for the shows t.

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos