FIAT Motor Club (GB) Forum

General Discussion
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New formula 1 Season

With the new F1 season kicking off next week in Bahrain, do we have any thoughts / predictions for the up-coming season.?
Here's mine;

1. Personally would like to see Jenson retain his title. Why? well ,a) he's English; and b) he's a decently nice guy from the west country(where I originally came from), c) be nice as generally the media seems to be against retaining it anyway.

2.Don't particulary like Hamilton. Too self-obsessed, too conceited, too manicured/manufactured , looks like he wears make-up (lipstick and mascara),he's a liar,and has got the Maclaren team wrapped around him-unfortunately, so he may come out better.

3. I think the maclaren team thing will turn into a "soap-opera" thing; having the two brits in same team, with bickering going on etc;

4.With British media centred on Maclaren, they are forgetting other very strong possibilies, notably Ferrari Alonso /Massa combination, Mercedes Schui /Brawn.

5.Through "rose-tinted" specs would like to see Lotus win a race or even Hispanio (who?) because of Bruno Senna , Ayrton's nephew.

Membership Number: 10962

Re: New formula 1 Season

Also put this on classic Rover forum , so interested to see views.

http://www.classicroverforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6994

My prediction is scuppered already. "The USF1 team will prove to the world they they couldn't design a proper racing car in a million years".

They've pulled out before they even turned a wheel!

Sort of met Lewis Hamilton at Brooklands when we did the Mercedes 300SL thing. Came across as a nice bloke actually. I think he'll drive the doors off Jenson who (let's face it) didn't do anything much until he had by far the best car.

I suspect it's going to be between Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel (if his car's any good!)

Should be a cracker. I'd like to see the German win it.

Membership Number: 7109

There are a lot of good drivers but rarely many good cars. I think with Brawn now being officially backed by Mercedes they could be tuff to beat. I'm a Ferrari fan at heart though so I'm rooting for Massa this year

Had some interesting thoughts on the rover site too;

Will be interesting with new regulations , no re-fuelling etc; Certainly Hamilton looks the more aggressive driver but as Sir Jackie Stewart used to say ,"The fastest driver is the guy who dosn't look as if he's going that fast, and remains very smooth,".... Personally still think the Flying Scott would drive the wheels any off any of the drivers today, including that German.

Whilst the attention to the Brits centres on one team there are a couple of dark horses out there , notably Alonso (Ferrari), and that German , again under Mr. Brawn..

Fiat Motor Club (GB) Forum

Home  About  History  Cars  Events  Search  Updates  Gallery  Join  Contact  Links  Forum

Site constantly under construction!

If you have questions or comments about this website, please e-mail  fmcw@fiatmotorclubgb.com

Web DesignClick here to visit www.thotos.comBy Thotos